May 1, 2013

Twitter

Mission Level: Success

A lot of people have been telling/asking me:
  1. Get a Twitter account.
  2. What is my Twitter account.
My answer has been the same for both - I don't have a Twitter account.

That was until Saturday afternoon when I signed up for Twitter! Now, I just need to find some awesome people or businesses to follow. I was girl-sick on Saturday and some of Sunday and found Twitter is sort of boring when you don't have a lot of following-ers who post.

The Point
On the most general basis, I want to use my Twitter account as a more "public" area for myself. I have a Facebook, but, I know everyone I am connected to on there. I don't connect to people I work with and I don't make friends through it. I think I am use my Twitter as a way to keep in touch with a wider group of people with less fear of my information getting out there.

On the grand scale, I will be using my Twitter account to promote this blog. That being done in about two clicks, I intend to use my Twitter to amuse me greatly and send out some good vibes. I think my message and goal will be simple, to send out some cheer and maybe provoke some thought about helping out each other. Sometimes this world is presented as being far to polarized and begs each of us to take a side and do damage to the other. I want to stop this.

I also don't have issue with social media. Sure, some people feel overwhelmed and addicted - I find it a nice tool but never a crutch. For example, I don't take my phone into the bedroom, and if I do, it is never a distraction from what I am in the bedroom to do. When I go on vacation and I don't have service, it's not such a big deal - I just sort of miss hearing from people through it and being able to update my adventures in real time when I am unwinding.

Following
I am following about 27 entities - some people, some businesses. I feel safer following businesses and I am curious as to what I will learn. I announced my account on Facebook, so, I have about two or three friends following me.

I do get a lot of suggestions to follow Diddy and JLo, but, I am not interested in these people. I'm sure they are fine people.

Bruce Campbell, on the other hand, I'm all over him.

Follow Me
Anyhow, if you have a Twitter and what to follow me - please do! - you can find me @The Mad Maddie




Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

Image
Image from Twitter.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment