May 22, 2013

Buy Something On TV


Mission Level: Success

I can actually spend hours watching infomercials. How else would I know all the problems I have - like cooking pasta - and how there is a solution for $19.99 (plus shipping and handling) plus a free gift solution!

I ended up going with the Cami Secret because, so much like the commercial says, I like to have some coverage without adding bulk. Summer is coming and the last thing I want to do is be wearing two shirts in order to make sure no one sees my bra.

They have not invented a camisole for pit stains, let me tell you. Here is the commercial for your viewing pleasure!



Background
First, I don’t have the ample bosom of the lady in the commercial  I don’t think I actually have cleavage at all, actually. However, this doesn't mean I should have a top or dress that proves that. I have a couple blouses that have a sort of cowl-neck – a draped neckline that can slip in non-professional ways. There are times you can avoid flashing your undergarments. Like, 99.9% of the time.

I have used tape before to secure unruly shirts in place. The tape actually works great, but, it doesn't allow for as much movement as can be natural. It also leaves behind a residue on your clothes or bra. This can be really hard to remove. It’s great the tape really sticks – sucks that is really sticks.

Sometimes, life is like that.

What It Is
The product
The Cami Secret is a mock-cami. It’s just a little triangle of fabric that clips to your bra so it looks like you
are wearing a cami (and hiding some bits) without having a full on cami.

I bought mine at CVS. You can actually get them at most drug stores and food stores, online and wherever, really.I was not going to be calling over the phone for something, by the way. I believe the using and acquiring of the product was the real challenge - not calling some weird hot-line and giving out my information.

I did get them in the three standard colors - black, nude and BRILLIANT white.

Pros
It’s actually a good product. The quality is good. It does look like an actual camisole. It’s smooth and even the lace strip on the top is pretty nice. It’s not sloppily glued or stuck on there. It can actually look like a real lace cami and not a mock thing.

It works by having a little piece that goes around your bra strap and snaps into itself. It’s pretty secure – it’s not just a pin or clip.

You do get three colors – I am just not sure who wants to display a nude color. Really. Nude is . . . not a sexy color. No one is like, “You know what I need, a nude undergarment to bring the sexy.”

It’s not too expensive. All around, the pros are pretty strong.

Cons
I dislike the lace detailing. I wish they had just plain ones. The lace does not go with everything I have. I normally wear very plain spaghetti strap tops, so the lace is weird to me. It is also a little bit, maybe, old? I think a clean line would be more modern and versatile. You can easily find dressy cami for special outfits. Because of the lace, I really only wear the black one because it is less noticeable.

Since I am not a top-heavy girl, I also do not have any ability to adjust the amount of skin-to-cami ratio. In the commercial, they show how the girl can go from “I’m a nun” coverage to “$1s go in here.” I only have the “I’m a nun” setting. This is because the mock-cami will only slide as far up or down as your bra strap goes. Once the strap meets the top part of the bra cup, you’re done.

Future Thoughts
I have been wearing it to work for a couple dresses. I do like it, overall. I am happy with my purchase. I will have to get something else for my going-out dresses if I want a mock-cami since it’s a little too modest for my bangin’ hot red dress with a low-cut front that I just need about an inch of coverage on.

If anyone wants that nude one, though, it’s totally available.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

Image Credit
Product image from amazon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment