Oct 8, 2014

I Just Witnessed a Unicorn

I was sitting around with this married with child couple I didn't really know at a party and they knew I was getting married. This is an especially hard thing for me because most of the stuff people seem to care about when it comes to wedding and marriage, I care very little about.

Of course, the dreaded question came up - the question that insults, judges and details logic in about six word.

This is what happened:

Him: Are you going to have kids?
Me: No.
Him: That’s cool.
Her: Yeah.
My mind is utterly blown.

I never have encountered anyone who learned I was getting married who didn't

  1. Ask if we were going to have kids
  2. Look at me in horror when I say “no” 
  3. Launch into long diatribes of the joys of children, the never-knows of life and/or the affects of loneliness and bitterness in old age.
  4. (Optional) Try to make me say I would have an abortion if, you know, something "happened"

I heard that these types of interactions happen in life, but, I have never witnessed or known it to happen to anyone. If I had the sense - the mental ability at the time - I would have recorded this moment and it would have looked like this.



Image from: zombiefun.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment