May 29, 2013

Act in a Movie

Mission Level: Success

That's right, I was totally an extra in a movie. This is my big break.

 Kidding.

This was actually a very last minute deal that involved my amazingly talented boyfriend's brother and this car. And the '80s.

Background 
Both my hot boyfriend and I have been having a tough week. Frustrations are running high. Things are going wrong. Yeah, we were beaten and run down. After some chatting, he told me his brother is shooting a movie with his friends if I wanted to be an extra with him since he said he would. It might be called the Southern Heritage Cup.

Hey, why not?

It was actually fun hanging out with members of the North American General Lee Fan Club - and I only know this because one of the guys is Bill Lambing from the 2005 Beauty and the Geek show stated this in some interview once and I wanted to see if there was a formal name for the group. I never watched it, but, I knew about it. And by show, I mean Beauty and the Geek and Dukes of Hazard. I knew some of the General Lee, the car featured in the show, and. . .whatever.

My best conversation:
Al: Tomorrow we will be shooting the corn-holing.
Manda: Wait, what? Corn-holing?
Al: Yeah. What do you think corn-holing is?
Manda: No, what do YOU think corn holding is.
Al: You know, bean bag toss.
Just so we are all clear, there are two very different definitions of "cornhole" in both the noun and verb form. If you didn't know, here are the two. Now, in the south, this is the way the definitions would probably be listed. In the north, I think it would be backwards.

  1. Cornholing: also known as bean bag toss, corn toss, baggo or bags, is a lawn game in which players take turns throwing corn hole bags at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. A bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a team or player reaches the score of 21.
  2. Cornhole is a sexual slang vulgarism for anus. The term came into use in the 1910s in the United States. Its verb form to cornhole, which came into usage in the 1930s, means to have anal sex.

So, what is this project they are working on?

The Trailer 
I know it says coming in 2011 and it's 2013, but, this is a small group.

 

My Role
I was an extra.

The scene that they were recreating was this one where the Oak Ridge Brothers played "Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight" in a bar.

I don't have the footage to show you. It's really a bunch of us trying to keep beat to the music for a couple minutes. I didn't try, I succeeded. I was formally trained. I did get into character by yelling at my dashingly handsome and southernized boyfriend that, "Baby, you never take me no where nice! Why don't you take me to the bar to see them Oak Ridge Brothers!"

My accent is a little lost on this blog. I assure you, it was awesome.

Future Plans
Well, once everything is completed and produced, I'm sure I will be getting calls about my mad acting skills and everything.

I was also told there could totally be a speaking role for me.

I'm just saying. . .I mean, sayin', sugar!

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment