May 15, 2013

Quad County Metric

Me in my shirt - pouting and fuzzy
Mission Level: Fail

If you remember from My Year In Biking post, I should have completed the Quad County Metric on May 11, 2013.

I did not.

Due to my knees, I felt it best I did not do the 25 planned miles I was going to do. Or 21. Or something. I did go to the event and picked up my technical shirt.
Technical Shirt: A shirt that wicks away sweat and holds in the funk.  It is usually a size smaller than what you normally wear.
Future Plans
I will try to get out and bike around this week. While I am walking much better, I still am still stiff and hurting by the end of the day. I think some light biking would be good. My Mom wants me to get my bike up on my trainer, but, I don’t know if I want to do that. That’s a lot of work.

I'm basically really lazy.

However, I do want to spend my time getting a bike rack. My dirty-where-it-counts charming man-fellow took me and my car to an awesome car wash place where I got the interior and exterior of my car cleaned in about 20 minutes. They cleaned my car so well they got the remains of the Cliff Bar Gel Shot from my cup holder, found an iPod I lost 3 years ago and shinned all my change. 

Needless to say, I think my bike needs to find a new home not in the back of my car.

Worries
Worry, worry
I am worried about my conditioning and my adrenals. I am also worried about getting my team in shape for the MS City to Shore ride which is four months away.

I have been slowing coming to terms with the fact I will not be able to ride to beat my time last year. Sure, it was under 8 hours which is apparently something anyone can do - but I did stop at all the rest stops. This year, I was hoping to really book it and become a true "fast-paced" cyclist and maybe do it under 7 hours? And by under 7 hours I mean 7 hours 59 minutes.

Not to mention, I have to get ready for Tour DaVita which is the lesser of four months away. I need to make sure I have my medication planned out right and everything so I can take full advantage of the 10 days after Tour DaVita to acomplish the City to Shore Century. 

I'm also not sure if I will actually be medically cleared to do both. In which case, I will be doing the MS City to Shore. 

The Tour DaVita costs a lot of money. It's for a good cause - but a good cause to me is also being alive. 

I'm also worried about how my belly will become more bloated the more activity I do - which sucks. I have been doing the 7 Day Core Challenge to get my midsection tighter. It is quite defeatist to workout more and be in great shape and eat right. .and develop a belly that will go away the second you stop working out. 

I'm lazy AND vain.

It’s a lot and I am worried.

Current Year In Biking
If you want to keep track – I have one success (Girls with Gears) and one fail (Quad County Metric). I’m hoping I am ready for the Nockamixon Lake Century in . . . .three months.

Girls with Gears
Date: 4/21/2013
Route: 25 miles

Quad County Metric Ride
Date: 5/11/2013
Route: 62 miles

Date: 8/24/2013
Route: 100 miles

Date: 9/14/2013-9/18/2013
Route: 270 miles

Date: 9/28/2013
Route: 100 miles

Date: 10/20/2013
Route: 33 miles

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment