Apr 29, 2013

Follow Up : No Pants

Mission Level: Mild success.

If you remember my 7 Days - No Pants post, it was a fun week.

I claim this as mildly successful because I wore dresses for four days out of five. There are two reasons
  1. I ran out of dresses I wanted to wear to work.
  2. I. . .was done with dresses by Thursday night.
Pros
Two sides of a delightful coin
I really was pumped about this challenge. I like looking nice as much as I like getting  dirty and I know in the summer when I am biking a lot I miss out on a lot of chances to look nice. I am either dressing in clothes I can jam in a gym bag when I change for biking or too tired to put something together.

Dresses are super easy. The only decisions I had to make was what shoes to wear and maybe what jewelry. Since I wear about .5 pieces of jewelry a day, I did not have to worry about accessorizing that way.

However, it was really nice to think that a ring, necklace or hair band was all I needed to sharpen up my look.

Shoes were also easy – black pumps. I have two. One is a low heel, one is a high heal. Black goes with everything and everyone looks good in a classic pump. CLASSIC pump. I don’t do that platform pump stuff. I don’t like it on myself. Too trendy for my budget.

Getting dressed in the morning was also super easy. My dresses are all one piece – I did not opt for my skirt-shirt combo even though I have a skirt I wear with a sweater. I didn't have to find some pants and then match it with a top and then maybe an under-shirt because the top is see-through and. . .yeah, totally didn't have to hunt for two or three pieces to put an outfit together.

A secret pro – I totally forgot both my manager and director were going to be in town all week. Looking professional is always nice around the higher-ups even though I work in a casual place.

Cons
I did have to shave. Everyday. Now, I like to have smooth legs but when you wear pants all the time, you can totally push that stuff off without too much of a problem. Especially when you want to sleep in. Another thing with shaving – it takes time and if you are tired and grumpy (and cold) in the morning, it’s sort of a pain.

Also, I know in the summer when I am biking I tend to look at my legs and think, “Man, how did I missed this whole patch for like a year? Who was going to tell me about this wookie on my leg?”

The work-around is often pantyhose. I did wear some pantyhose specifically so I didn't have to shave. In the winter, this is easy to get away with but once the weather gets really warm, no one wants to wear them. I do work in a cold office – but still, it’s odd sometimes.

I could not do half the stuff I normally do. And by normally, I had this 20lbs chocolate bunny I brought in for a fundraiser and in a dress and heels, I could not be lugging it around. It was an odd shape more so that heavy. In this way, I had to ask the guys I work with to help me out. They had no problem helping me out (dress or not) but I felt less efficient.

Thoughts
My new fav dress
As summer is coming. . .soon. I am going to wear more dresses. I always liked wearing them. While I do not like that I am a little more in-efficient, I was surprised how easy dresses are. I think I thought dresses were more difficult to pull off and never really "casual." I found wearing a dress made life a little easier in the morning. Also, by combing through what I had, I think I got a good idea of what I can throw a jacket over and be casual with verses being too sexy.

I really liked wearing my polka-dot dress with a skinny red belt and red heels. It is comfortable, easy and normally gets a couple compliments. Only takes me about two seconds in the morning to get ready.

I did like the compliments I got. I'm sort of vain that way.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

Image Credit
Dress from plzbuynow.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment