Apr 17, 2013

Hair Care: Finishing Spray

I have been looking for a finishing spray for my hair. To back up a moment, I find the reason I struggle the most with finding products I want is that I do not know the proper term to call them. Oftentimes, I have to ask people what something is called or describe it to a bunch of people before I get other terms to use to search.

Really, half the battle in this world is agreeing on a vocabulary.

I ended up going shopping with my insanely amazing boyfriend and after spending about 30 minutes in the vitamin aisle, I moved over to the hair care aisle to see what I could find. I have no desire to change my hair routine. 

This is my routine:
  • Shampoo with Brilliant Brunette.
  • Condition with Brilliant Brunette.
  • Smooth on some L'Oreal stuff – I think it’s this, but, my bottle looks different. Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum.
  • Blow-dry.
  • Get on with my life.
Unless it's the weekend, then it's anyone's game.

What I Want
I never had a complicated hair routine because when your hair gets really long, it just takes too long. When my hair is short, I just shampoo, condition and blow-dry. Remember, I donate chronically to Locks forLove (check out my Donate to Locks for Love post!), so, I’m really just a hair farmer.

Anyhow, I wanted a finishing spray I could use to help tame my frizz and give my hair some smoothness. I have pretty nice hair, I think. I don’t dye it or anything or overload it with stuff. I don’t know if I just lucked out or because I don’t do a lot with it, it remains healthy. However, I have wavy hair (use to be curly, after treatment it got less curly) and it tends to frizz out as it gets longer.

I don’t have nice, long hair. I have tangled, frizzy weird long hair. I even use a straightening iron on it without too much luck. In fact, I could spend an hour or more on my hair and it looks like I did nothing. I had an old co-worker ask me why I never did anything with my hair.

I died a little on the inside.

I use to use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Satin Shine Finishing Creme (it's been discontinued) but I am not really that great with hair and makeup stuff, so, I would sort of get a couple clumps. I could never “work product through hair” so I gave up. I figured if I had a spray, I had a better chance of having some type of even control.


Behold
I actually have been enjoying this product. It has actually tamed my frizz and I don’t have tons of fly-away or softly levitating hair locks.

What I do not like is the fact that my hair feels a little more weighed down. I am so not used to having anything in my hair (never used hairspray  gel, etc) so when something is in there, I feel weird. I does smell like coconut, and I like coconut, but I am not sure I enjoy smelling like coconut. It’s a small price to pay.


Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

Image Credit
Spray from organixhair.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment