Apr 8, 2013

Lent – Fin

Well, lent is over. It was over a bit ago, but, I jammed all my biking posts into a week and I figured biking is more important than Easter. Right? Yeah, yeah, I know, when the lightening bolt hits me, you want to be as far away as possible. I get it.

Remember my post about lent? You can read up on my Surviving Lent – GO! post at your leisure.

How Did I Do?
I know I didn't eat any meat on Fridays, that’s for sure. I did eat a lot more potato chips, drank more soda and consumed more alcohol than before. And I ate meat on Wednesday. Actually, I failed lent pretty nicely.

I did try to fast, but, it didn't feel much like a fast because I was sort of only eating fruit at work when I started this and now I am still eating just fruit at work.

Basically, I failed lent. I didn't really feel like I sacrificed anything or got in touch with some deeper part of myself through reflection, prayer and whatnots.

Lucky Update
This all can be yours!

Lucky, of course, is a great cat. I took care of him, but, maybe not as good as I could have. I always worry that he is lonely when I am away. I assume he just sleeps but I bet he would like to have a real family to play with an maybe even a little yard to poke around in. He’s a pretty stellar cat.

‘Cept to my charming boyfriend. He hate that dude.

I did get a message from his original rescuer about making an appointment to get him tested for feline leukemia  I have a good feeling he will test negative and then he can go to anyone who is awesome and wants to take him.

Pulls at my heart strings just a little.

Easter
I had my first double Easter this year. I spent time at my Aunt’s house and then went to my dashing boyfriend’s Aunt’s house for a second Easter. I think I titled this year’s Easter as, “He Is Risen – Let’s Get Diabetes.” We ate a lot of food and won a lot of prizes – egg hunts, guessing how much candy is in a container, quizzes, giant chocolate rabbits, it was awesome.

And, while I was hungover for Palm Sunday at church, I was not hungover for Easter mass. Go me.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment