Apr 15, 2016

Things I Eat: Lavender Savory Salad

I call it a salad so I sound cool. Really, it's just me dumping a lot of stuff into a giant bowl.

I had two servings of this - a serving being everything I could fit into this white bowl we got as a wedding present for a serving bowl. For a group. Nope. I nom from this.

What You Need

  • 2 nectarines: Raw!
  • 6 ounces of spinach (a whole bag): RAW!
  • A bunch of strawberries: Raw!
  • Olive oil: RAW!
  • Herbes de Provence Fancy with Lavender & Savory from Frontier Co-Op: I found this in Whole Foods - you're on your own finding it. It is a blend of savory, thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon and lavender flowers - it is RAW!
  • Buckwheat groats: Raw!
  • Salt (optional): RAW!


What You Do
Slice up the nectarines and strawberries. Throw in some spinach into the bowl. Throw in some of the fruit. Throw in some of the spinach. Whatever you want to do. Drizzle some olive oil over it and throw in a handful of buckwheat groats. Then get it all mixed up.

I guess you could put the oil, seasoning, salt and groats together and drizzle it over the bowl. But, who has time for extra dishes.

VOLA!



This is my first time with lavender as a seasoning - I like the seasoning. I don't know if I am crazy about lavender - maybe if it was with sugar. It reminds me of old people. . .like. .the bathrooms with the fuzzy toilet covers and crystals of lavender in the toilet roll holder. Lavender. . .yeah. That's what I think of.

However, I had two bowls of this. You get a little crunch with the groats and tang, sweetness from the fruit, spinach. . from the. .spinach and then a nice herbal boutique!

Perfect raw vegan dinner.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment