Apr 29, 2016

Things I Eat: Bourbon Chicken 'n' Slaw

Good food can be super easy and take less time. Maybe that's with practice. I don't know how you roll. This is a pretty easy dump-in-the-crock-pot and slice-and-dice.

What You Need

  • Chicken thighs: I had a maybe 2lbs I had to use up. 
  • Broth: Chicken, beef or veggie. Whatever you like. You could use root beer - that's a fav.
  • Sweet onion: For the crockpot - make it one large one.
  • Garlic: Yum
  • Bourbon: Heh. .heh. Some for the pot, some for me! Maybe a cup.
  • Thyme, paprika - a hint of sugar if you want something sweet.

Slaw!
  • Red onion: Chop, chop!
  • Anise: Fennel, bulb thing - slice, slice!
  • Carrot: You can use any color. I used my veggie peeler to make ribbons.
  • Binder: I would use salt and olive oil, but, vinegar works too

What You Do
Put the chicken, onion, garlic, broth and bourbon in the crockpot. Don't skimp on the bourbon. You want to kind of cover the chicken. But, not all the way. You can add in some BBQ seasoning, thyme, paprika and other things if you would like.

Cook this until the chicken is shredding or you are hungry and it is cooked. Drain off any excess stuff you don't want.

Shred up your red onion, anise and carrot, get yourself some herbal bread. Make a salad.



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment