Dec 18, 2015

Things I Eat: Baked Spring Rolls

Good! GOOOOOOOD!

Ok, I need to work on this. I think it's important to showcase failure and success.

I decided I would make a seafood spring roll and bake it so it's like a fried type spring roll.

What You Need

  • Parsips: White carrots of love
  • Scallons: LOVE
  • Spinach: NOM
  • Garlic: I used my squeeze supple
  • Ginger: Cause: POW
  • Shrimp/Seafood: I used Trader Joes's Seafood Blend
  • Sesame oil: Boom
  • Rice paper wraps: You gotta soak 'em for a hot minute
  • Spray non-stick stuff: I used coconut oil spray

What You Do
Preheat your oven to 350. Mix up everything but the seafood. Should look like this. It's all good - season as you want!


Saute up your seafood


Soak your wrappers for a hot minute so they are soft. The longer you soak them, the softer and yet stickier they get. Pile up in your foodz and wrap that up.


Spay a cookie sheet with non-stick stuff - like coconut oil spray (that's what I used) and set 'em out. This picture below is the finest one I did. They all were so bad after this - proving once again, practice is dumb.


Then you bake them at 350 for about 20 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, flip them. They. .mm. .were delicious. . but. .sort of a presentation fail. And one busted open.


If only all my failures were this delicious. 

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment