Dec 11, 2015

Things I Eat: Go Raw Cookies

Can I just start out by saying I’m super bored with life and ornery. Urg. I need some passion in my life. Some happiness. Urg.

Unrelated, I had to go to Wegmans in the rain to get a gift card for a coworker from the team – and since it involved getting a “support” card, no one was capable.

I find in my life, I am actually incapable of doing most things I do because I don’t have aomsone else doing them for me. Hmm.

But, back to the Wegmans!

I ended up getting a little box of fresh berries – and then wandered the store mentally kicking myself at the lack of things I can eat. Holiday are wonderful, but, they are a painful and dangerous time for me. On top of that, everything is played out in front of a table full of people who are watching and questioning everything – and worse, telling me “go ahead, you can have this” when they CLEARLY don’t have the list of items I can eat memorized and CLEARLY don’t even remember when is in the food they are pushing on me.

This overshadows the actual pain of not being able to connect with people – ‘cause food is a beyond strong connector and those who refuse food are out of the group – and not being able to eat the food that reminds me of childhood or that tastes good.

Whatever.

I toured the gluten-free, even though that’s the least of my problems. And found these little Go Raw packs. They seemed to be ok. They don’t list their ingredients so, you know they hate everyone. They have something about carrots and dates and five simple ingredients on the pack – but what if it was bean or something? That would be horrible. Soy. Ick.

I opted to take the Carrot cake and Ginger Snap because I like those things.

Carrot Cake
Pretty good. Nutmeg and sesame was the biggest flavor. I ate the whole pack. They are crunchy.

Ingredients:
  • Organic Coconut 
  • Sprouted Organic Sesame Seeds 
  • Organic Carrots 
  • Organic Dates 
  • Organic Nutmeg 



Ginger Snap
Phew! Real ginger. Less sweet. Good! I was only going to have a couple. Then I ate the whole pack. It might contain crack, I'm not sure.

Ingredients:

  • Organic Coconut (Unsulphured) 
  • Sprouted Organic Sesame Seeds 
  • Organic Dates 
  • Organic Ginger 





Conclusions
I’m still ornery. And now I ate two packs of cookies. About five weeks ago I ate dairy and only this week have I started to feel better. But my digestion is still off – I might try a probitic but those pills always mess me up. Urg.

Anyhow. Good job, Go Raw. You only made me hate you a little by making me go to your website to see what’s in your food. Thanks. Vegans and people like me love guessing.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment