Dec 23, 2015

Happy Five to Me!

Happy 5 years out of treatment to me!

I battled for my life for over 15 years – with a couple close calls. So, quite a nice time for me – I normally try to get myself a treat and reflect on the journey from active sickness to chronic illness to permanent damage.

As with my sickness, though, it’s a lonely marker. I never looked sick enough and then I was sick for too long for too long for it to be a milestone. I was also sick for almost half my life, making it almost a layer of my personality rather than a real fight.

Long-term illness is a lot like space like REAL space. Where astronauts go and all that. It’s endless and epic beyond what we can often comprehend so we rarely think or notice anything about it.


So, happy 5 years out of treatment to me! It is not an unnoticed time for me even if it passes like a normal day for everyone else.



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment