Jan 21, 2015

Nail(ed) to the Couch: Bord Sparkle

Ah, the joy of adrenal fatigue. Tired, achy. .and ready to do my nails.

As anyone with a chronic illness or battle will tell you, finding some type of joy in every situation is key. Maybe right now sucks, but, at least you can have a little fun with it. Maybe that's "attitude" but I think it's "sanity."

I was over at Beans Beauty buying my uber expensive Pureology shampoo - 'cause it make my hair fab - and they put up the Essie nail display RIGHT THERE. I am a huge fan of Essie. I think the polish goes on really easy. I sort of suck at fine motor things so having a product that glides on easily and is forgiving is huge.

I had been rocking the Cocktails & Coconuts because it goes on so nicely, I am horrible at judging what neutrals go with my skin the best and it grew on me. I like it. I do. It's pretty subtle and I wish I could alter it a little, but, it's good.

I'm not ready to buy MORE polishes that I'm not a huge fan of. Actually, that's a lie, I'm totally ready to buy a lot of polish.

Another reason I do like this polish is I had lost all my faith in putting polish on nicely when I got Bordeaux and I totally cannot make it look good on my nails. Not the color, the color is gorgeous and I love it, I just have a tough time applying it without getting it on my cuticles or something. I do try to remove those spots with a q-tip, again. .find motor skills are not my thing.



Anyhow - there I was, at the Essie display and I thought - I need this. I need this thing right here - Summit of Style


Keep your golds and silvers and whatever - I want coppers and bronzes. I want the rich metallics. And, apparently, I really wanted sparkly. Needed. I needed sparkly! My adrenals don't work.

I flipped on some Law & Order: Criminal Intent and got down to the biz.


I gave the Luxeffects a try on my chipped polish which was the Coconuts & Cocktails. It looked really good. It's a really snazzy way to add some umph to a neutral. But, I wanted to do it on my red! You can see the filing block I also got - and I have this cuticle moisturizing pen because.. .it's a pen.

I'm pretty surprised how easily the Luxeffects goes on - I thought it would be like a layer of glitter that would be raised an annoying, but it's not. There are a couple sizes of the glitter so you get a really cool look.


I did it randomly on some nails - not all of them. I think it's damn snazzy! Here is me pretending to be a hand model holding the Bordeaux.  


This angle lets you appreciate the horrible nail painting skills I have. I swear, I'll clean it up. But, this is another angle and me holding the Luxeffect. Nice, eh? 


So, that's me. .nailed to the couch!



0 comments:

Post a Comment