May 29, 2015

Things I Eat: Desk Snack Edition

Who doesn't need snacks at their desks? Everyone loves snacks - I like snacks. I like to stock my world with foods I can eat. Delicious foods. Sometimes, people also enjoy  my selections, most often, they do not. I don't know why. Maybe they believe nuts are bad so they eat a snack bag of chips. Maybe cheeszy, sugary foods bring them joy and comfort. . .

I like joy and comfort. I do not like fun. Big difference.

Since I am biking and eating and living (the dream) I stocked up my desk with treats. These are treats to me. I don't know what other people think of them.




Juice
I am not a huge fan of juice. I do have these little cans of prune juice - mostly left over from when I had that gut infection. I normally take these little bottles and mix them with my large water. .thing. I have no idea how many ounces it is. A lot? Cutting packaged juice with water is how I like to roll. Unless I am making my own blend. You can live how you want.

Nuts
I do like nuts. I got these Raw Pecan Halves from Trader Joe's. I have a lot of pecans at home and I love the way they taste. Give you peanuts a break for some other nuts. I also love walnuts but I save them for my banana ice cream a lot. Or just when I'm sitting on the couch.

I also got these candied Spanish walnuts from Wegmans (Forevercheese.com) and totally love them to bits. I mean. .I want to save these for a while and savor them, but I am eating a lot of them. These are made with walnuts, sunflower oil and sugar. The package does warn that there can be cross-condemnation with everything. I'm not as worried as these are a sugary snack treat for me. I won't buy them too often in order to keep the consumption down.

People say nuts have a lot of fat or bad stuff, but really, they are a great raw, natural food. I know some people eat 15 almonds as a snack for some reason. I don't understand. Eat more if you are hungry. Nuts are good and good for you.

Majool Dates
LOVE LOVE LOVE dates. I get them from all over but my favorite places as Wegmans and Trader Joe's. They have extra squishy and sticky dates. I do buy them in other places - normally it's the Sunsweet Growers brand. They are a little smaller and less sticky - but still good. If I do get the Sunsweet brand, I tend to get them pitted. Might as well.

I also can eat the dates and nuts together for an awesome treat.

Fruit & Veggies (not pictured)
I am lucky, there is a Wegmans right around here where I can get some fresh fruit and veggies. It might be a little more expensive rather than buying the non-snack pack type. But, I'm paying for the convenience.

Whenever I have the option to eat fresh fruit and veggies, I'm all for it. I think I demolished an untouched veggie tray a few weeks ago that was sitting in some buffet at work. I was then mocked for eating broccoli. Maybe it was because I was just walking around with broccoli and eating it.

That makes sense.

So, there you have it. Desk snacks!






0 comments:

Post a Comment