Jun 1, 2015

Biking Update - Going Good!

Biking has been going pretty good. I'm just not in a super great routine as I have been in previous training segments.

I feel as if I am doing a lot of speed and flat-road work and less hills. I am totally into riding my bike to work now, so, that becomes my "short ride" during the week. It's not hilly - while there is some of an incline during this ride, it's not a "real" hill. Maybe I'm too picky.

This weekend I did go out with my lover and a friend - I also decided I needed to really get into my zone rather than hang back and make sure everyone is there and ok and not hungry or thirsty. . .

Yeah, I booked it. Felt good to really open up and zip up to about 20mph through the sunshine. AHH! That's living. So far, the longest training run is about 37 miles. I felt like I could do 50.

Here is my week mileage from good ol' Runkeeper!



Eating is going well, but, I think I messed up a bit this weekend. I am going to make sure to take good care of my eating this week and not making any slip ups. As I get older, I know I need to really watch this stuff. I don't want to cause damage over and over again. Sometimes, I cannot prevent it. . .I need to work on not having "just a taste" of the foods I can't eat.

I do feel stronger, better and more with it during this training. I also feel a little frustrated - won't lie - that I have more people coming out with me on rides and the speeds and challenge seem to have been dropped. I am working on this. :/




0 comments:

Post a Comment