Jun 3, 2015

Texts with Melissa: Skillz

I know it seems like it's been a long time since Melissa and I had some conversations up here. Mostly because there wasn't anything too earth shattering. However, since the Texts With Melissa series was missed by some of you - it's back!

What's happenin'?


That's right - Melissia was promoted and I still managed to stay employeed. Let's review!


That's right - Melissa is moving through the ranks, taking on challenges and growing both personally and professional. I am slightly intimidated by the amount of work from the autistic kids who come into the office to make notepads. 

That's right - it's part of a program called Preparing Adolescents for Adult Life (PAAL). These kids - who I really like - come in about three times a week and have learned how to make notepads from scrap-paper. 

What?

I mean, I can't even do that. I watched them do it. They measure and glue and. . .I failed Kindergarten. But, there they are working hard and producing some excellent work. I'm. . .you know. .taking selifes. 

Good work, friends. Good work. I am delighted my company works with this program and I am happy these kids and I get to spend a little time together. I mean, I never met them formally. It's cool. I so make sure no one is in that room on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. These kids got real work to do, corporate America!


0 comments:

Post a Comment