Jun 8, 2015

Products I Like Now

A while ago I did some type of makeup review post called Makeup on my Faceup. Well, while I am still using all that stuff, I did branch out to other items recently. Here’s the low down!

Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé
I got two Laura Mercier products, actually. The first was the Ambre Vanillé.
I have been rocking Unconditional Love by Philosophy which is like a grown-up cotton candy.

Anyhow, I got the hand cream and perfume in Ambre Vanille – I really do like amber and vanilla isn't bad. I have been enjoying this perfume and it reminds me of something, but, I can’t remember what. All that my memory seems to be able to remember is pasta spilled on a book and this scent. Maybe it was from some book I was reading that got perfume spilled on it? The pasta was not my Mom’s.

I am not a huge fan of most vanilla because for a long time growing up, everyone bought me vanilla stuff and I got burnt out on in it. The vanilla is more of a base note, so it’s just lightly there. Very nice. Fresh and warm. Yep.

I have also been pretty happy with the hand cream. I got the little version of it (you know, for $18) thinking it was going to be sort of a watery whatever with some perfume it in. It actually is really nice! My hands are skill soft after two applications. Sweet!

Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm
I have been avoiding Burt’s Bees for a long time. It had been over-hyped in my world and I didn't want
another hippie-non-working oily-wax product that did does nothing but everyone is, like, so OMG about.

I was actually in the grocery store and I saw a selection of tinted chapstick. I have slowly become a fan of this type of product but of my chronic lip biting. I really had crewed the hell of out my lips to the point I can’t wear lipstick  (not that I really do) because it would sit in the scabs but not the untouched skin – or scars (nothing sticks to scars).

I’m a winner.

I made a choice to get the tinted lip balm in rose. I was not originally going to get that color because I thought it would be too red and – you know – stick to the scabs. I ended up going on an impulse because I would love to wear a red lip without worrying about my condition being highlighted.

Yes, I want my cake and to eat it to. Buster.

Love it. I love it. The color is perfect – just a tint that adds a little dewy rose to my lips without being weird looking. It also really has been healing my lips. I found after a week of ripping them to shreds, the recovery was faster.

M-16 Thing
I got a sample of the M-61 Power Glow Peel and decided to get a box. Because I'm a sucker for stuff with witch hazel in it. Why spend $.50 on a whole bottle when I can spend $60 on this?

It comes in a box.

I wanted something that could help clean out my pores with summer being here and with me biking more. I get bugs, dirt, sweat and tears all over my face and having a little extra something might help.

I will say, the only thing you “peel” is the package open. I don’t know why they call it a peel. The instructions say:

Apply peel (a pre-soaked towelette) to clean, dry skin. Gently move over face and neck while avoiding eye area. Do not rinse off.

So, you don’t peel anything. There’s no peel, M-16. Who approved that?

I still use my ProActiv, and love it. I find this is a nice little end-of-the-day rub for me. I felt my skin was a little sticky after I used it – but very much refreshed (probably do the witch hazel which you can buy on its own for your face and/or hemorrhoids). I do feel less. . .dirty with it. It’s pretty nice!


0 comments:

Post a Comment