Jun 26, 2015

Things I Eat: Rice Fry

How about a sort of re-visit of one of my favorite, quick, comfort-food dinners? Rice! I did a post Re-Used Rice and Peppers and this sort of going to be the same. Just different flavors.

What You Need

  • Sassy (CHECK!)
  • Rice: You can use take out rice or pre-made rice. I don't know. Whatever rice you got. Don't matter. 
  • Onions: Good ol' onion!
  • Garlic: NOM
  • Asparagus: The perfum of pee, the stalk of success (I thawed out out a package that was frozen)
  • Corn: It's delicious (I thawed out out a package that was frozen)
  • Ginger: I like this squeeze type from Gormet Gardens.
  • Bragg's Liquid Aminos: Or soy sauce. You know how I'm weird. 
  • Sesame Oil: Just a touch!

Look at all this stuff! And it's 6:17pm - it's nomz time!




What You Do
Thaw out your veggies if you are using frozen. You know, 'cause I took this picture I am adding this step. Everything in my strainer in another bowl of warm water. Get it all defrosted.



Fry up your onions in the coconut oil. I like using coconut oil because it adds a special layer of flavor. You can use any other oil you would like. You can add the garlic as well. The later in a dish you add garlic, the more garlicy it will be.


Once you got your base done - which shouldn't that that long. Maybe until the onions are transparent? Caramelized? Slightly raw? You can totally cook them however you want. Look how pretty!


Then you can toss in the rice. I normally add my shot of liquid aminos now, you need a little liquid to keep everything moving. If you are using soy sauce, you might be able to use a little more. The Bragg's I have is really salty, so, I just put in a little to keep things moving. I also add in my ginger knowing I can add more later.


Keep in mind, you are not cooking the rice, you are just rolling it in the flavor and breaking it down. My rice comes right from the fridge, it can be a little chunky and whanot. I just roll it around and warm it up. Add in your veggies - in this case, corn and asparagus. I make sure this is all moving around and getting along. You will want to make sure you veggies are room temperature - not frozen.


Once everything is warm and happy, add in your sesame oil for some flavor. Treat it as a salad dressing type situation. You can also add more garlic or ginger to your taste.

Then serve in a bowl and top with some sesame seeds. .'cause you just remember you had them.


And that's how we do a quick and easy leftover-using dinner in MY kitchen,


0 comments:

Post a Comment