May 11, 2015

Don’t WebMD That: Part 3

Follow my exciting medical issues from Don’t WebMD That to Don’t WebMD That: Part 2

That’s right – let’s bring this around to full circle. I am doing sooooo much better. The anti-fungal totally helped get me eating. I actually gained about 3lbs in two weeks which is great! I can eat. Poops have been as close to normal as they have ever been. YES.

Also, I had my liver (and innereds) checked out via ultrasound again. This time, the gel warmer wasn't working. That’s some mo-fo cold gel! You get use to having these luxuries. I never had warm gel before.

Anyhow, the super-good news is my liver shrunk. It’s still “enlarged” but this means it can’t be something like cancer or a growing tumor. At least, my bachelors level education feels good about that statement. The doctor called me and said there was nothing to worry about, so, he’s done with it.

However, I am getting full copies of all the pictures and reports from both tests to send to my other doctor. He’s a little more concerned about the situation and wants to see the pictures. I like having two opinions on these things.

However, for the time being – I am eating again, poop normally again and in far less pain. These are all good things because I got a lot of miles on a bike to pedal and a lot of food to eat. Yays for foods!

I also learned the importance of hepatitis checking - you can see my post Re-post: Hunting a Silent Killer on the ways hepatitis can silently kill people and how easy the testing for it is. If you haven't, maybe you should pop into your doctor to get a blood test workup and make sure you ask for this test.





0 comments:

Post a Comment