Jan 30, 2015

Things I Eat: Pea Fettuccine

Fettuccine - people crave that buttery, cheesey, rich sauce over some flat noodles 

I mean, I don't. But, I hear some do.

You want to knock your socks off with a quick, easy and potential vegan pasta fettuccine dish that's. . mm. . .really good and good for you - as most foods are?

Yeah you do. You're here, come on!

Dinner this time had to be quick and we needed to clean out what I had. I had peas. Why not turn this into a delightful sauce? I have a blender. The mother of all invention.

What You Need

  • Peas: A package thawed.
  • Noodles: You know my brand, Tinkyada.
  • Olive oil: You could add a little flavored oil if you would like.
  • Veggies: In general, you can add more. My husband added in some steamed asparagus.
  • Meat: If you want to add in chicken or something, sure. We added some Seafood Blend from Trader Joe's.It has scallops, shrimps and calamaris. And love.
  • Garlic: 'Cause. . .garlic.

You can add in whatever spice blend you would like - basil and whatnot. You could also add in some cheese. I wouldn't know about that, though. I used a little salt and onion powder. You could add in chicken, too! Spinach. . .go nuts.

What You Do
You're going to laugh at how simple this is. Make your noodles - I suggesting cooking them up in a stock rather than plain water, but, you live your life, man. Live it.

Take your peas and put them into a food processor with some olive oil and maybe basil and a touch of salt.

Puree!

Wee!

You can taste this at will - you will find it is very fresh and sweet. A good oil adds a nice richness of flavor. I added some garlic, of course. You could use powder or a clove or two. Maybe a touch of onion powder? I like the general sweet-fresh taste.

Add in a little of the starchy liquid from the pot of noodle you made to warm it up and thin it out.

And, don't rinse your noodles.

Then, cook up (maybe microwave?) any of the veggies you want We did asparagus but you can add in corn, Brussels sprouts, maybe some chopped up spinach?

Mix it up and serve! Delicious - and you're getting a ton of good stuff in there! My pictures are always riveting, but, we probably didn't have to use ALL the noodles - I was going to save some for later. The husband just mixed everything together.



Yes, I ate two bowls!




0 comments:

Post a Comment