Dec 12, 2016

Halloween 2016

Halloween 2016 shaped up to be one of my favorites so far. I am currently planning for 2017, but, I digress.

Let's get into what I did for Halloween 2016 and how you, noble citizen, could also get the same look. Just, don't look at prices because. .DAMN. And by "damn" I mean, I did spend a bit of money but I had money left over from last year. Also, I spent no money on two other costumes I needed in October. . .

Vex the Satyr
I decided to be a satyr. It had been a long time since I had been a fancy creature and I really like to have stuff on my head - like horns. Per Wiki:

A satyr is one of a class of lustful, drunken woodland gods. In Greek art they were represented as a man with a horse's ears and tail, but in Roman representations as a man with a goat's ears, tail, legs, and horns.
Sounds like a fun time! I named my satyr Vex. Because. . .whatever. I later used that as a character name in one of my stories.

Here is an example of a female satyr from Wiki


Boobs.

Thoughts
Early thoughts were really around what type of horns I wanted. I was thinking faun, then I was like, naaa, ram.

I also decided I would stick to a rusty almost steampunk type theme. It has also been a while since I have been "sexy" and I thought maybe doing some type of cool and sexy pieces would be just the kick I needed to get some attention before twisting the view into fear or repulsion. Although, I wanted all this to be subtle - nothing bloody or weird. Just subtle and one solid.

My first and really only disappointment was the $200-$1,000,000,000 price tag on satyr feet. You know, the cloven hoof type look. You can check out Chaos Costumes for what I was eyeing. I couldn't really afford that. Or the. . .other ones. Whatever.

Total Body Shot
Let's get the whole look over with before I break it down.


I didn't have any really good full body shots, so, deal.

Hair
I kept my natural hair but added in some red, clip in extensions. It took me maybe two tries to get them in really good. And now I really like extensions and I want more.

These red ones added some needed length and color and looked good with my hair color for a contrast. I could have gotten more, but, good enough.

I got the AGPtek 26" Enstyle Supreme Neon Tangle Curly Hair Extension Ponytail-wine red to dark red.

This is not real hair or anything, but, I was happy with them.

Face
Makeup in a moment. I got a nose ring for this with skulls because I wanted it to stand out against my black nose paint. I found the ring uncomfortable for about 10 minutes and then it was not a problem at all. It was so impressed.

 I totally will be wearing this again. And a lot of people thought it was real. Nope. I mean, I guess a septum piercing is pretty easy to fake, so. Take that.

I got the Linked Skulls Fake Non Piercing Clip On Septum Hanger Silver Tone

Arms
I knew I needed to get some bad-ass tats for this. I don't actually know how bad-ass I am or how these tats looked but I was SO impressed with how long they stayed on.


I had one on as a test for about 2 weeks and only toward the end did it start to look a little worn and flaky when you really looked at it. They went on easy with the water and stuff. I just really sucked at putting them on straight. Whatever.

The pack I really liked was the Generic Black Lace Temporary Tattoos for Adventurous Women, Teens & Girls - Henna Tattoos Sticker W306-311.

I also wore a lot of rings. They I just had. You know, recycle.

Torso
I got myself this Charmian Women's Spiral Steel Boned Steampunk Gothic Bustier Corset with Chains for an AMAZING $30 or so. It's so much nicer than a $30 corset. I played around with getting something with shoulders, but, I don't have the torso for something that covers my shoulders. It makes me look weird.
I also got this Faux Fur Bolero Jacket Fox because it is October in PA and it can be cold. Nice to have something warm and I thought I might be able to wear it again. I also wanted something kind of animal like.


Below. . .
I got myself three items for below my waist. *sizzle* - the first thing I was a little unhappy with and that was the Dikoaina Women Girls Sexy Solid Color Bandage Mesh Leggings because I thought the bandage pattern would go all the way around. Ends up, the bandage part is only on the front and the back is a solid piece of fabric. If you are super skinny, you wouldn't notice - the model was skinny. 




But, the worked because you didn't see the back of my legs because I was wearing this Steampunk Victorian Gothic Womens Costume Show Girl Skirt which has a feature where you can hike it up in the front or let it go long. Super quality. I was very happy with it.





I hiked it up so you could see my fur and boots! I wore some normal brown fur boot covers - totally easy to find for Halloween - over my Bumper EB16 Women Lycra Over The Knee Almond Toe Pyramid Studded Metal Heel Platform Boot - Cognac.



And there you have it! Halloween 2016 purchases, DONE!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment