Dec 12, 2016

Nailed to the Couch: Black Matte

I have been searching for a black matte nail polish because I think it looks good. My man-husband is not a fan of black nail polish because he says it reminds him of goth stuff. And I guess he doesn't like goth style. You know, to each their own.

Anyhow, since I could not find a black matte polish in the grocery store - where I get all my stuff - I was going to. . .uhh. . continue looking.
The item

What I did find was Matte About You - Top Coats by Essie! I happen to be a fan of Essie. If you ever saw any of my beautiful nail air featuring an occasional accent nail and tons of varnish all over my dry, cracked cuticles.

The first thing I did notice about this top coat, because it is a top coat - or "taco" per that Christine chick on Simply Nailogical - got some serious packaging. I mean, did we need all that packaging?

Anyhow, I had Essie's Licorice which is a pretty sweet black. It's also very glossy.

I added this matte coat and - SHAAZA! Look at that action! I will also say, I don't often use a top coat and I found this made my polish last longer. Which is. . .I guess the point.


Anyhow, I am thrilled with this find because I can now turn any polish I have into a matte. I also picked up a normal top coat for glossy. I think the matte looks best on dark colors but I can wait to try more!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment