Apr 15, 2013

7 Days - No Pants

Catchy title, eh? I have a new challenge!
Wear nothing but dresses for 7 days.
Not as dirty as you are probably thinking. My new challenge is to wear nothing but dresses for a week. You know, to get in touch with my feminine side.

I work at a place - and have mostly worked in places - where the dress code was "casual." You know, that type of casual that meant nice jeans are ok but some people get away with wearing sweats and borderline pajama type attire.

Real professional
I think it's great to be able to have a casual workplace, however; I also think business attire also sets a certain standard that can trickle into more professionalism.

Besides, when you dress nice and know you look good and have dressed appropriately for where you are, it can make you more confident.

Stipulations
For an added bonus, I am also going to dress in dresses for the weekend. I am allowing myself two "graces" which pretty much means most of the weekend I will not be in dresses, but I will try.

  • I will be at a 5k on Saturday in the city - I will probably not be in a dress. It's cold.
  • I have a biking event on Sunday - I will not be wearing a dress. 

History, Background and Whatnots
I actually own more than 7 dresses, but, I don't think I can wear them all to work. Please note on the following pictures - I actually still have and fit into all these dresses, but, my weight is hysterical!

I do have some rather formal type dresses that would fit challenge but would also not be right for work. Like this fine number.

I love the fridge

I also am not going to wear any of the dresses I had to purchase and wear for friends' weddings. I love my friends, totally. Maybe not going to wear these dresses again.

I'm happy
Being in a dress is tricky sometimes, might I add.

Ragin' maid
I am not going to be showing up to work in this lavender number, either. I never even had close to the boobs needed to pull it off. Yeah. . .I was also in the state of moving, hence the mess in the room.

There's a lot in the back

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment