Jun 19, 2013

Fix My Den: Progress!

Who knew this would be such an un-dead chain of posts. Back in the day, I created my own adventure called Fix My Den followed up by Fix My Den: Follow Up.

This past weekend, I managed to get a hunk of stuff done on my list (check it out at Stop the Burn Out) and the den was on of them. I didn't get the storage unit I was thinking of, but I pulled apart my closet and threw out a couple bags of stuff. I felt a lot better once I was done - only took about 2 hours. *phew*

Let's just review this small portion - before:

Stuff
And now, let's review after:

Better!
I did reorg my closet - moved all my winter clothes into a bin and was able to store it in my den closet. I even found a pair of sunglasses I thought I was missing. Right now, some cat stuff is in there, some stuff I want to sell or need to store at my parent's house. I also threw out stuff I wasn't using in my desk and got it set up for more of what I use it for. The stuff on my desk is stuff I need to work on right now. 

Find Lucky
Minus the sword.

Lucky the Cat was little to no help, might I add. 

He was thrilled at all the commotion and places to hide as I threw stuff around and looked at what I had. He really liked playing with a bunch of the stuff I was throwing out. He tossed around some feathers and was overjoyed when I moved some of my furniture to find his precious little mice-toys.

I think they are all back under my stove and sofas. He's quite a clingy people-cat. 

I'm rough on my guys
My awesome man-friend, Bob (remember him from my Reveal the Identity of my Devastatingly Handsome Man-Friend post?) also came and helped me clean the kitchen and items around my place. 

I really lucked out with him. He worked at his parents place and then did whatever I said all day. He even felt bad he couldn't help out more - even though I never had anyone help me out as it was!

I mean, I have helped a lot of people out, but, I never thought someone would want to help me. They would get nothing out of it.

After about 6 hours of cleaning where I gave him various tasks (don't worry, I fed him) I found my two males were quite exhausted. I mean, Lucky was just playing and totally excited he wasn't alone all day.

It was just as well, we all needed a break and Bob and I had a BBQ to go to at his friend's house later that night. Best to get the dirt off us. Plus, Bob has to plan our vacation in July. 

Details to follow.

Thoughts
I love this guy. Bob. 

Anyhow, I felt a lot better being able to really get stuff done. I have to still work on my kitchen, bathroom and bedroom - and I need to save up money for storage units and whatnot. I just feel better about what I got done. I think I can keep up with stuff better now.
Much needed manicure

While he and Lucky rested - and planned the vacation - I ended up getting my nails done. I didn't get a gel manicure this time (you can read about my addiction in my Get a Gel Manicure post) I was told to just get a normal one to give my nails a break. I hope this break doesn't break them.

I was excited at the break and my new nails - what up, OPI Samoa Sands.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment