Mar 27, 2013

Fix My Den

I have this second bedroom, but, it's really a den. I have never been able to totally use the room. I do a lot of work in there at my desk - which is pretty but not totally functional. I want to get a second monitor and have a bigger space to work but I also need more storage.

Lately, it has become more and more of my "mosh pit" or room I dump everything. You can see my mountain bike in there, my extra car carriers, a fake tree and apparently a snack from Whole Foods.

[Kidding, no food is in there]

I also have a lot of those free bags you get from conferences or types of mild giveaways.

And, yes, that's a hooka. It's not a working hooka because my rats chewed through the hose and I am not sure where I can get a replacement. I don't really use it but it is a odd yet functional piece. Well, it was. It was a gift from a friend who actually went to the middle east for a company I use to work for.

The Goal
Lucky and I
The goal is to really use this room. Since it is not a room I use for living all the time I want to really use it for some storage. It has to look good because I can't hid my stuff behind doors. There will be some downsizing.

Like my extra laptop that died a while ago that I am afraid to get rid of because of my personal information on it and because I might one day remember I have some valuable piece of information on there that I could never get back or recreate.

The room is also my office. A nice desk with two monitors would be cool. I could use a little tune-up on my desktop, as well.

The goal is to make this a nice, functional room that I can spend time in and feel comfortable but not too at home. When you have to be in there all day and then you walk into your actual home and it feels too much like work - that's not good.

Past Attempts
I actually drove to the closest Container Store and even Ikea to find solutions or to even have people look at my den and create a perfect desk and storage area.

Oddly enough, never happened. Which brings me to now with a project I could easily shut the door on and ignore.

Mission
This mission will take time, work and money. I want to work on it, I won't have as much time and over time I can free up money. Let's see what I can do with this space.

I already started the saving and the browsing on Amazon.com

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I feel a blog collaboration coming on...

Maddie said...

Ooo. . I love a good colab!

Post a Comment