Mar 13, 2013

Journal

On a whim, I bought this diary. It’s pretty sweet. I got it at Home Goods so I got it for cheaper than what it is worth. Or I got it for what it is actually worth – I’m not sure.
It's like Twiter 'cause it's a tweeter

I like writing by hand because it is more personal. I also use to like to write by hand to see where the infection was in my brain and if it hit my motor control.

I was never big into keeping a diary. I never thought my life was really that interesting – and with sickness comes an intense apathy so it’s not like I was going to record anything. I did keep some notes about what I was going through because I knew I wouldn't be able to remember what had happened to me and the notes served as a way I could communicate with the medical industry.

In looking back with a brain that isn't riddled with infection, I wish I had been able to do better and use these notes to help out others. I often sent them to people about to enter treatment or who were going through whatnot as sort of what to expect – or at least everything that could go wrong.

Someone said I should write a book, but, I don’t think anyone would think the illness was “cool” enough to be relateable to make money. I think the people who need the most help are so far gone by the time they figure out something is really wrong (and it’s not in their head) that is would serve no purpose. I don’t think the medical establishment would like it much either though some doctors are getting better at working on treatments and testing for blood-borne illnesses.

Anyhow, the point is, I think often times in the moment you don’t think what you write is awesome or would ever impact anyone, but, when you look back, you see it really can.

I also thing the other side is true - no one actually cares about your life as much as you do. Your thoughts and jottings are only important if people can see themselves in it. However, for self-exploration and expanding horizons and learning discipline journaling is great.

My New Challenge
Anywho, now I have it and I have no idea what to put in it. I am soliciting ideas! I am going to do my best to write three times a week. Which will end up being two. I have a feeling.

What items, what things should be recorded? What do you write about in a journal if you do write in a journal? Hit me up at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com if you think of something. I don't be publishing these things but I think it's a good exercise. 

Here is the list I have so far (which I got from the Internet) which should keep me busy.
  • What is your interpretation of one of your recent dreams?
  • What does death teach us about life?
  • When you look at a person's hands what do you see?
  • If you died tomorrow, what would you most be remembered for?
  • When was the last time you cried?
  • What is the longest you've had a "borrowed" item but not been able to return it because they moved?
  • What is one thing that happened today that I really want to remember years from now?
  • Did I do something today that I can be proud of?
  • Why is it important to be genuine?
  • What do you think about ghosts?
  • Describe your typical day?
  • What would be your ideal birthday present, and why?
  • Think of a relative that you have lost - if you could, what would you ask?
  • What is the most important aspect of your life and why?
  • In what ways do you sometimes wish to act to be a better friend, but don't?
  • If I could change one thing about my spouse/lover, what would I change?
  • If you won a million dollars but had to give it all away, who would you give it to and why?
  • What did you want to be when you grew up?
  • If you had to write your life story, what would the title be? Why?
  • What do you think about as you are falling asleep?
  • When did you first realize you would someday be old or someday die?
  • When have you realized you were really wrong in your judgment about someone?
  • Who has more power the government or the people?
  • Which amendment to the constitution is the most important?
  • Put yourself in Anne Frank's place how would you have survived?
  • What would you do if you woke up one morning with a tail?
  • Where would you most like to watch the sun come up? Why?
  • What was your closest brush with death.
  • Remember the last time you spoke to a person who later died.
  • Write about the last time weather scared you.
  • When were you the happiest this year?
  • What are you saving up for?
  • What caused me to wince today?
  • What tempted me today?
  • If you could tell your boss what you really want to do in your job, what would it be?
  • How are you going to make tomorrow a joyful day?
Customized
Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment