Jun 14, 2013

Stop the Burn Out

I've been mildly burnt out for a while. Some of this is probably due to a vitamin D deficiency (I'm not talking about a couple points off normal, it’s pretty low) I have and my adrenals not working perfectly. and it will take a while to get it back up. So, I have to deal with fatigue, bone pain, brain fog and a nice flare up of my neuropathy.

How does one un-burnout? I have no idea. Some people go on vacation, in my area, a lot of people have shore houses they go to. I know some people get a massage or go shopping. These seem pretty classic across the board.

I know two things will make me feel better - (a) Take meds and recover, (b) Get stuff done!

I don't like to take vacations when I have a lot going on. I like to go on vacation knowing I deserved it and I can come home refreshed without a butt-ton of stuff to do. I always feel the best when I am productive and improving my surroundings. I like to be grateful and happy for what I have and take good care of it.

What I Need To Do
Lucky and I
I need to find a home for my foster cat, Lucky. I love Lucky, he’s a great cat, but it means I cannot go anywhere or do much because I have to return to feed him and clean out his litter box.

Plus, you can’t leave any animal alone for days – he gets lonely. I was only supposed to have Lucky for 3 months. That was 5 months ago. He even meows when I leave for work - he's lonely.

I need to clean.

At this point, I have only been able to mildly keep on top of my cleaning because I am not home that much between work and school-girl giggling at my attractive gentleman caller. Besides, once I do clean, things are turned up-side-down a few hours after I finish.

Most of this is due to the cat.

I'm not a slob (maybe according to my Mom) but it feels that way with this list of stuff to do. Here is my list of items I need to do:

Living room
This is where I spend the most time, so, it can either be the cleanest or the messiest. I tend to keep on top of most stuff. It just needs a really good clean.
  • I need to move my furniture around to clean under everything.
  • I need to insulate the a/c unit.
  • I need to de-cat the couches.
  • I need to de-cat the cat tree.
  • I need to clean the windows inside and out - they have filth on them from when there were renovations happening around me. I just can't seem to reach all the spots.
  • I need to clean the radiator.
  • I need to clean the ceiling fan and get new lightbulbs put in - I don't use this light too much because it heats up the place a lot, but, be nice to have.
Den
Remember my Fix My Den goal? Still going on.

  • I need to get a new filing cabinet. The one I have hardly works. I need more extension cords and a new computer desk in my den. I also need to attach the missing panel of my computer tower back on.
  • My “bar” furniture needs to be sold. It really just takes up space. It’s not as much of an issue since it holds like 500 wine glasses people thought I needed. I don’t even know 500 people. I might be able to get rid of some of the wine glasses. If I had the shelves in my kitchen cabinets.
  • My largest closet is in this room and it needs a complete overhaul. It has the most space and a lot of BIG plastic containers with nothing inside. Maybe I can use this for my winter clothes.
  • I need shelving to put stuff on. This will require money and time to put everything together. 
  • I could use a indoor bike rack to store both my bikes. That is also a pipe-dream right now.
  • I need to clean the radiator.
  • I would like to get one of those plastic mats under my den chair - but I also hate them. I think I hate them more than I hate doing damage to my carpet.
  • I would love to be able to get a second computer monitor, too. My desk will not fit two. Bummer.
Kitchen
I keep a clean kitchen. I mean, food is in there. However, still needs a lot of elbow greese that I have no been able to get around to.
Lucky models
  • I need to clean out my dishwasher. I think there might be some type of pasta in there from my last tenants. I don’t eat that much pasta and I wouldn't put pasta in the dishwasher. I don't use the dishwasher that often, either. Yep. Dirty.
  • I need to get my shelves back up in my kitchen cabinets – they collapsed right before my man-to-be came over for the first time for dinner. Having that space back would be nice. I don’t hold out much hope for this. I think I need to consult the apartment people about it. 
  • I need to clean out my cabinets. I do have a decent amount of space in the kitchen, I don't use it all wisely. Time to get rid of items I don't use and use the space for whatever I can.
  • Remove everything from on top of the cabinets and dust.
  • I got to use some elbow grease on my floors. I had hoped to get new floors by now since mine is very scratched and old – I might try to launch a new campaign. 
  • I need to clean the radiator.
  • Clean the trashcan - really good.
  • Clean and de-grease the vents - I try to do this weekly - the grease is winning.
  • Clean under the burners. I fear to open the stove-top again.
  • I would like to get rid of my fake kitchen table that is never used in favor of a kitchen island where I two people can eat, I can store stuff and I have additional cooking space.
  • I would really love to paint my kitchen a nice moss green. Again, pipedream. 
Bathroom
It's small - I do have some nice shelves.
Hairball
  • I need a new shower curtain - once Lucky is re-homed. He shredded it.
  • I need to scrub the shower - again, it is cheap material and easily stained. I just want it white! I haven't found a product that works on it.
  • Clean the top of the shower - I don't even want to know how dirty it is.
  • I need to get all the cat litter out of there. There are little rocks everywhere and I hate it. Again, this is ongoing since Lucky throws it everywhere.
  • There is a good amount of dust stuck in the decorative baseboard. I need to get a toothbrush and clean that stuff out.
  • The floor actually has a pattern of dirt naturally. Ick. I want to take a toothbrush to it. I wish I could get a new, non-vomit inspiring floor.
  • I need to clean the radiators - they produce dirt like crazy! One time my rat, Molly, found an old cigarette butt in one. Whaaaa?! The rats really helped me cleaned. Rat love is true love, baby. Lucky does not help.
  • Clean the trashcan - like scrub the bottom junk off it.
  • Clean the bathroom rug - or get a new one. A new one will have to be gotten after Lucky is re-homed - he loves to tear it apart.
  • Tell my maintenance guy the "metal" on the sink is dissolving and I should get a new one, soon.
  • I would love to paint this room - maybe even just the back wall as an accent. That is a pipe-dream. It's a cost I don't need to have.
  • I would love to get an over-the-toilet cabinet so I can hide some more personal bathroom items - but I can't until I get rid of the litter box and make sure I get something that is sturdy that can survive in a small bathroom. Oh, and until I get more money.
Bedroom
I keep this place pretty clean. I did some work on it before.
  • I need to better insulate my air conditioning units.
  • I need to move my furniture to clean under. Next time I buy furniture, there will be no space under it for dirt and cat toys to collect!
  • I need to get some under-the-bed storage containers. Maybe some of those vacuum ones because I have all this bedding and no place to put it. It goes under the bed and then I feel it gets filthy over time. What I have does not fit under my bed. 
  • Clean the ceiling fan blades and the glass lamp part.
  • I have to get rid of chest in my bedroom. It will have to my parents house because it was a gift from my Aunt. Unfortunately, I have no use for it. I need extra help lugging it over to their house and permission since I don’t know how much space they have.
  • I need a wardrobe or some sort where I can hang clothes and more draws. I would have to research this a lot. The expense is not going to happen anytime, soon.
  • Clean my closet - I have a ton of stuff jammed in a very small space. Some of it can't be helped. I need to pull everything out and make sure I am using everything.
  • I would love to trade in my current bed for a queen sized captain's bed - seriously. No dust under but tons of storage!
And. . .
I need to bike! I miss biking, I am far behind with my knee injury and then my health.

I need to get a bike ride because I need to be able to carry two bikes soon so that my lover can train with me. That expense has been moved way down on my list. I might be able to campaign to get one for my birthday which will be late in the game for riding.

Biking by myself right now is out. I can barely stay awake 10 hours. Adding exercise is going to make it impossible for me to also work and function in my social life. Or clean. Check out my list above - I need some energy.

What I Have Done
Things are not a total dumpster-fire. I mean, I have been working on stuff.
  • I did get my fridge cleaned out – which is beautiful. 
  • I got the bathroom shelves cleaned, purged a bunch of expired products and organized my stuff.
  • I went through my clothes and donated about five bags of clothes. If you have ever gone through EVERYTHING, this was a big deal. I don't even have that much stuff.
  • I moved all my winter clothes to places that are hard to get to in favor of my summer clothes. 
  • I did get my clothes back from the tailor. Tailoring clothes is less expensive than buying new clothes and also meant I got rid of the bag of stuff on my floor that harbored these ill-fitting garments.
  • I did get my air conditioning units in the windows and decently secured. Not bad for a 11:30pm activity. 
  • I have been dusting everything pretty well.
  • Moved all my winter coats and shoes from my rack in the kitchen to my den closet. 
  • Purchased and put together a shoe cubby for the kitchen.
  • I did get an over-the-door shoe organizer for my bedroom to get shoes off the floor.
  • Got new bathroom towels. The downside is they are fluffy and thin. Bad choice. :(
  • Got a steam mop, which I use every week, at least.
  • I Swiffer and disinfect all floors every week, at least.
  • I sweep up the dirt tracked in from the outside and as much kitty litter rocks as possible.
  • I wipe down all surfaces in my kitchen, doorknobs and even the doors where grimy hands have been.
  • Did a general decluttering of the items on top of my kitchen cabinets.
  • Clean the toilet and surfaces of the bathroom at least twice a week.
  • Run around like a man-woman with my orange scented Lysol.
Thoughts
The problem is I spend a good deal of my day-time working, I should be biking after work (*sad sigh*) and then I am spending weekends enjoying my guy-friend and doing errands like buying food or going to events and whatnot. I really don't have an interesting life, but, I can't seem to get anywhere with my place.

My adventure - get all of this done and avoid a total melt-down.

Of course, this is all possible and my heart melted a little after getting this text from my one-and-only:

*heart melt*
Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment