Feb 9, 2015

Ring-a-Thing

Got some questions about my wedding ring. Maybe because it's not a super normal ring (for some reason?)

For the young 'uns today, wedding rings and engagement rings are about bling. While I love the antique setting and Edwardian style. . .I don't think it works for my lifestyle. When you type in something like "wedding band sets" into Google, this tends to be what you get.



A lot of bling. All my married friends have blinged out bands - the engine of the wedding industry demands extra sparkle and detail. Large diamonds, halo settings, etc. . .I even tried a lot of these bands on.

I use my hands a lot. I know where they go. While I love the styles, when I started thinking about myself, I went with something that spoke to me.

I ended up getting a pipe-cut, aka flat cut ring. It's totally NOT in style. I could have gone for a "comfort band" but, to be honest, I dislike circles and curves. Personal thing.



I think the oddness of it all is people who learned I was married and who wanted to see my ring. And, yes, I see the moment of "oh that's it?" in their eyes before they recover by saying something like, "pretty!"

It's not the average. But it's totally mine.

But I love it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment