Jan 9, 2013

Accepting and Rejecting Adventures


When you lose your ability to do something, however minor, it can change you outlook on life. Think about the last time you had a cold or sore throat and how that sucked and then how much better it felt to breathe through you nose and eat and drink normally.

If you haven't thought about it, you should.

I still get excited when I walk up stairs.

My Point
Even though my life has been weird and limited, it doesn't mean I am going to go off the deep end now that things are better.

I am going to reject adventures suggested to me. There are times I am simply not going to do things. Some of my rejections of adventures are purely based in financial reasons. Sure, who wouldn't want to live a life with unrestricted resources - but how many do?

I am sxtremely lucky, happy and comfortable because I try to be responsible and plan ahead for things.
Not fun

Relapse is always a factor in my day-to-day. I would like to say the fear of it has lessened now that I am two years out of treatment, but the concept lives with me at all times. Every ache or dizzy spell or bad day begins with the question, "could this be relapse?" After all, I have survived four relapses.

Once the sum of all fears comes true, every fear becomes a possibility.

I like to look at the things I fear dead on. Not everyday and not at all times but eventually, I want to look at it in the face. The more you look at or think about things you fear and come up with plans to "outsmart" it, the less of a monster these thing can seem.

Being sick was expensive. It's good to have a nice backup. After all, you need to look out for yourself rather than expect someone else to do it for you. Besides, the better you look after yourself the more you can help out those who need it.

After all, part of our job as humans is to take care of others.

Back to Now
I gave up on several adventures due to cost. A lot of traveling overseas or even to the Kentucky Derby are going to be out for quite a long time because I can't really afford it. They still exist, of course, they will always exist and some of these adventures will be based on my ability to find a great deal or unique way to get there.

Requests sent to me here are up to veto due to cost or danger. However, I'm up for trying just about  anything as long as my body doesn't give out. I will write a little entry about any adventures I must reject and the reason why.

So, write me what you would like to see me try!

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment