Oct 21, 2015

Movember on my Mind

I know it's still October but that doesn't mean I'm not getting ready for Movember!
The Movember Foundation is a global charity committed to men living happier, healthier, longer lives. Since 2003, millions have joined the men’s health movement, raising $650 million and funding over 1,000 programs focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
Are you Mo-ing this year? You should. I even got my event kit in the mall!


And I set up my box with MINIMAL cussing. Actually, opening all the Movember stuff wasn't that hard. And I can't open ANYTHING. I don't know if I'm weak or incompetent - probably both.


Movember is broken into four specific and important areas:

  • Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15-34 in the US
  • Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men in the US.
  • Poor mental health since around 1 in 4 adults in the US will experience a mental health problem in a given year.
  • Physical inactivity since around half (53.8%) of American men meet the federal guidelines for physical activity.

You can start donating to me and/or my team by going to my page (thusly, donating to me) Maddie's Movember Page!

Do it.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment