Oct 9, 2015

Things I Eat: Green Salad

But Amanda, I hate salad. Salad is bad. Eww. Salad.

Salad is @#$%ing awesome. Not the crappy house salad stuff you get at a fast food place - I mean, a REAL salad. So full of texture, flavor and super easy. Let's get our salad on!

What You Need
1 green anjou pear (any pear will do)
1/2 spinach greens
1/2 kale (I like it a little choppy for the feathery texture)
1 parsnip
Salt
Olive oil (a good quality)

What You Do
LIVE LIFE!

You know, make half and half mix of the spinach and kale. Then you take the parsnip and with your favorite veggie peeler, make it into thin ribbons. Cut up your pear into bite sized pieces and throw that in there. Drizzle the olive oil over it and a touch of salt - then toss that bowl of goodness like #yolo!

Trust me, this is a good time. Super quick, super easy and very delicious. It's not that bad for you either.


Trust me, once you start really playing around with greens and other veggies (even meats) and flavors and spices in a salad, you will be hooked. Sure, maybe not all the time. . but. . .at least some of the time.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment