Aug 5, 2012

Manda's Century: Sum of All Fears

Well, I didn't ride this week. I went to the doctor My adernals are not doing good and I also had the begining of a Candida infection in my digestive track. I didn't eat for about four days, nothing substantial since my stomach hurt so much. In fact, today I ate a good breakfast and it feels like there is a weed wacker in my tummy.

After my rides last week, you can check it out in my Manda's Century: Maybe I'm an Athlete? post, I was not doing well and things only got a little worse after. Good thing I had the appointment.

The good news is, a lot of my digestive problems have settled after being on the meds for a couple days. That's nice. Now I just need to stop needing to fall asleep all the time. After all, I have about 7 weeks to get in shape and ready to go for my century.

So, this was the sum of most of my fears, an adrenal crash that ends my ride.

Of course, I will be there and I will ride it. Just not sure how much medication and supplements I will have to be taking in order to finish and if I will be functioning after.

I am hoping to gently start riding next week - some times I am more hopeful about this than others. I did take off Monday and Tuesday from work hoping to spend a good deal of time resting and recovering.

Did I mention my parents did get me a Madonna del Ghisallo charm for biking? This is the patroness of cyclists.

Every little bit helps

Manda's Century
You can follow my biking adventures by checking out my Manda's Century Ride page. It lists (in convenient bullet form) the lessons I have learned and has links to each of my biking related posts.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment