Aug 25, 2012

Manda's Century: Ppphhbbbtttttt

This is another week of not riding. I can see my bike sitting in my den, still muddy from my last ride.

I have been trying to get more sea salt into my diet, eating right and taking all my supplements and medications. I decided it was better to rest until a couple symptoms go away rather than trying to push it at this time. It's a crappy choice.

One of the common symptoms is a feeling of not being able to breathe, like your chest has bands around it not letting you expand to get enough air.

The fatigue is also out of this world. I have a lot of trouble getting up in the morning and getting to work without closing my eyes. A common thing people do is drink more coffee, but, caffeine cannot fix fatigue. In fact, it make things worse because your body gets a jolt and then a crash and to compensate the adrenals have to work harder.

I have been eating more plums and peaches which seem to help. I do not have an appetite or much of one. I make sure I eat some plain roast chicken with a veggie, some rice noodles, apples, peaches, plums and popcorn during the day. The key is to eat things that slowly raise blood sugar rather than cause any type of crash.

I am worried still about this century. I only rode 50 miles twice in my career and right now, I have basically not ridden for two weeks. I want to be able to do this but I am scared about what is going to happen when I start riding on September 29th.

*fingers crossed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment