Sep 23, 2015

The Happy Birthday Bob Project

Now I can tell everyone in public! I didn't buy my husband anything this year for his birthday - I invested far more time in trying to remind him that's he's pretty stellar to people.

Originally, I was going to make him a video and try to get people to send in video clips of themselves with messages - but, let's face it, no one is up for that.

His birthday is in August so in March I set up a gmail account HappyBirthdayBobProject@gmail.com and send secret messages to friends and family and strangers to sent him birthday messages. Anything from a "happy birthday" to advice, food/book/move/music recommendations or bucket-list items. 

I decided to use the video as a way to get him to open the email account I created. Here is the video:


(sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't - IDK, man)

It worked pretty good! He got a lot of messages and he liked the video!

I can't take credit for it - first, Google, thanks. Google originally had an ad called Google Chrome: Dear Sophie which was the story about a father setting up an account at gmail when his daughter, Sophie, was born and then giving her access when she was 18. 

Here is the video:


Thanks for everyone who sent a message - the account is still open if you feel the need to send a message or two to my handsome husband. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment