Jul 24, 2015

Thing I Eat: Apple Fail-ritters

What are apple fritters? I don't know.

In my quest for breaded delights - I got this bag of oat flour which I was told works sorta like normal flour and I can use it for breading things.

Through the farm share thing I do sometimes, I had all these apples. I also was left alone. Bwahahaa. Time to get into the kitchen with no instructions and make a mess while blindly believing I know exactly what I am doing.

What You Need (This was a fail, so, maybe not)

  • Apples - IDK what kind. Whatever was in the box.
  • Oat flour - It's good people.
  • Sugar - maybe too much.
  • Cinnomen - I don't know how to spell it.
  • Coconut oil - 'Cause garlic oil wasn't going to work. 
What I Did
I used my Gefu 13410 Spiralfix Slicer to make these awesome apple rings. I actually also DO have an apple corer which I. . .used once. I bought it because it was the person I wanted to be. Thusly, it ended up being mostly unused because it was not the person I was. ANYHOW. 

I put the apples through the Gefu and then breaded them in oat flour. Just oat flour. I assumed it would just stick to the apples in the oil. Right? HAHAHA. I'm dumb.


I set myself up a little work station. Throwing the apples into the a pan of coconut oil and then waiting for them to brown a little while all the oat flour came off - I also set up a plate of way to much sugar and cinnamon. 



Then I put them in the sugar. .. then ate them.


Everything about it was good. It just wasn't. . .you know. . .anything.


0 comments:

Post a Comment