Jul 6, 2015

Models

I've been seeing a lot of "plus sized" models doing modeling for non-plus sized-sentric stores. You know, "plus size" which is the industry way of saying "fat" and "unfortunate" and "unappealing."

Plus sized models, or as I call them, "models" are often nitched. Put in very specific locations or stores. As an advertising director told me, "No one wants to see fat or ugly women."

A single statement that seemed to sum up a lot of. . .things wrong with the world.

I feel like the media has been telling me - that once women are a certain size, they can't sell fashion or someone like me would be distracted by their size and choose not to buy the clothes.

As a fairly normal person, I must say, I see only the fashion not the size as being "too big" or "fat." I do often see models who look so skinny they actually look as if they would be ill. I think a lot of them are hyped-uped in the media.

Anyhow, a skinny model or curvy model - I actually don't care about the body type. I just really like it when I get the measurements of the model so I can line up my body type to his/her body type to see how the clothes fit. Can we have THAT happen a lot more?

I saw this cute dress on a plus sized model and totally wanted to buy it. Good taste looks good on anyone, regardless of size. I like seeing a wide range of women modeling clothes - I don't know, makes me feel. . .better. And makes the fashion accessible and like. . .I want to belong to this tribe of fine women.

Seriously.




0 comments:

Post a Comment