Apr 13, 2015

Let Training Begin!

The time is now! Training! And with training - pre-training. Because when you are as weird as me - you need to start before you start in order to start. 

Yayha!




Bike
This might be the year I learn how to change my own flat tire. Wouldn't THAT be something? I never was in a situation where I had to do it myself. Awkward.

My bike is actually all set - maybe just needs some tire air. Actually, I could use new tires. Whatever.


Bike is going to be up and ready to go - no problem!

Food
Most critical! How to fuel my body without shutting it down. I wish it was a simple as typing in “vegan” and finding stuff. It’s not. No wheat, no soy – no yeast.

I will have to start eating more than I do. I guess eating one meal a day is out. Bummer.

Most people are told to be concerned with protein. I mean, STFU about protein. I have no problem eating spinach and chicken. And a lot of more sweet potato. Rice is always a winner for me – in grain or noodle form. Beef and seafood, as well. I really am going to eat a lot more veggies, maybe even bring back the smoothie. The problem will be if I am hungry enough to want to eat. I’ll do my best!

You can check out the stuff I'm going to be eating on my Things I Eat page. 

My favorite recovery meal was always Chicken Parmesan – and my husband has created (YES CREATED!) a baked-fried chicken that I can eat. Couple with some rice noodles. Awesome!

I also can work on making my own fast-snacks for my endurance rides. Having something that’s quick and
easy to eat at 10 mile breaks is really key for me. Gotta eat when you are on an endurance ride. The only problem with me making stuff is portion – while calories are mostly a lie, I need to make sure I am taking in a good amount. Relying on something prepackaged means I know how much I am getting.

I am going to give a try to the Vega stuff – I bought the powder a while back to help me get something into my body. Vega makes a line of products. After some careful checking, I can eat the Chocolate Coconut Cashew bars (only one in that line I can eat, actually) which will be great for snacks when I’m booking a good amount of miles. Maybe I’ll even get the husband on them – I don’t know what stuff he eats.


My favorite go-too gel shot for long rides – The Cliff MochaEnergy Gel Shot is totally good to go! I had to do a little research on “Organic Maltodextrin” but it’s a good to go. I mean, I hope they make it from corn, but, it’s processed enough that I shouldn't have to worry too much about it. 

Fun
I have an icon- of course! 


And I am trying to recruit people who want to ride with me - both in keeping up and pushing me, you know? Biking is fun for me - and as I tried to explain without much success - it's my church. I actually feel closer to God when I ride. Weird, maybe. I like.

I also want to get people who want to maybe go in on a couple shirts or something. How awesome would that be? Swag. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment