Dec 17, 2014

The Daily Smooth: Virgin Post & Dates

I send out an email called the Daily Smooth at. . .work. .which is an email that lists the type of smoothie I am drinking. I started it with some friends who were getting into using smoothies and sharing some ideas to keep them interested and somewhat healthy.

(Meanwhile, a friend of mine is trying to convince me to enter into her pyramid scheme and sell Shakology. OMG, Amanda, it has 70 super-nutritious ingredients. @#$% you and your dried, over processed propriety superfood. Seriously, your life is wack)

So, I thought I would add some of these things to my blog here and link them in the Things I Eat page. Sweet business!

Today’s Blend
  • Banana.
  • Berry blend.
  • Cinnamon.
  • Dates.
  • Orange.
  • Spinach.
  • Whole flaxseed.

It’s beginning to look a lot like. . .whatever holiday you are thinking about! 

You know how blenders and whatnot have a max fill line? You might be able to taut it for a while, eventually, it will projectile-smoothie all over your kitchen. And then probably not blend too well.  Whatever. It’s still good stuff.

Some Facts
What do you mean you don’t eat dates? Date are fan-date-tastic. 

Let’s just review – dates are not prunes or figs or whatever. They are their own creature – normally found in their dried state, they can be eaten fresh and there are many varieties. 

They come from the date palm which is a plant that is while they are dioecious – that means it has a male plant and a female plant. So. .of course they produce dates. The date palm is on the coat of arms for Saudi Arabia – No word on if it is a male or female palm. 

(That paragraph was hilarious, you probably want to read it again)

These little powerhouses are the sweetest fruits in the world (this hasn't been confirmed or proven by anyone but myself). I happen to enjoy the medjool date (which I pronounce manjula, which is wrong but fun).

 Anyhow, if you are feeling a little. . .mm. . .tied up on the inside in a non-emotional way. . .eat some dates, you’ll be feeling good and fancy-free! They are considered a laxative food because they have a high amount of soluble fiber (drink water with them, just saying). Listen, we all could use a little more fiber. Dates also contain organic sulfur – what? Yep. Sulfur. Why is this important? It’s not common to find in foods and it actually can help reduce seasonal allergies. I got 99 problems, but seasonal allergies ain’t one.

Drink up my finely fueled friends!


Image Credit:
Saudi Arabia phone thing Amazon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment