Dec 10, 2014

A Cut Above (The Ponytail)

As you read about last week in my Time To Say Goodbye post the mop has been chopped, the locks have been leveled, the mane has been tamed, the hair has been. . mm. . .cut.

I was probably going to do this one way or another but my Movember team also raised $1,000 so I had to do it. Although, I cut it before we got the last donation in. Whatever. All for charity.

I thought I was all special when I sat down until my hairdresser told me I was her second lop of the day. Whatever, generous people. Harshing my mellow.

First, my hair was sort of long.


I had my husband take some pictures to document this donation. My Mom always called my hair "tendrils" or "tentacles" because of the twist in it. She also hates when I have long hair. Unless you ask her, then she says something like, "I love all my children equally." We all know what that means. . .

Here is the main - I did straighten it, by the way. And it was also snowing a lot. These things matter when you have long hair.


Gotta measure that stuff – I ended up getting about 10.5 inches for donation. Look at that super-professionalism from Kiersten - she has been doing pretty things to my hair for like 9 years!


I think a total of 12 inches were removed because you need to leave a little hair for the style cutting part. At this point, I believe my guy was getting a little worried as to what I would look like.



And. ..vola. Hair.


And what I now look like -


Sassy and now I use less shampoo! Although - I assure you my hair is styled nicely by a professional in this photo. It is currently out of control.


I donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths - the charity collects hair and gives out wigs for free. I normally donate to Locks of Love but in reading some of their financials and whatnot and learning they charge for wigs on a sliding scale - I thought I would branch out. Beautiful Lengths does not charge anyone for wigs - it also requires less hair.

If you would like to donate hair, check around, there are many programs they accept hair. Or you can donate money. Or food. Or time. You'd be surprise what a difference you can make with who and what you are right now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment