Dec 22, 2014

Taking Pictures & Being Mysterious

I’m not particularly mysterious. But with a couple tricks on my phone, I have figured out how to be mysterious online. And to totally give people the impression I am super-attractive (in the eye of the beholder) fashionable and maybe even have my life together!

Let’s start!

This is li'l' ol' me! 

Nothing to fancy here. Just me with a ton of hair in my face, simple spaghetti strap top and no makeup or anything. Typical weekend, as far as I am concerned.


Here is my mug shot!I mean, basically, right? This was from a post I wrote called No Makeup!



So, I put on some makeup and I went with a very bold lip because - that's really easy. I made sure the light is hitting my face. You always want to keep the light in front of you to highlight.


I didn't actually wash my hair this day - I need to wash it every day or else it looks like I haven't showered in months. I'm oily! I don't have the best skin, although I keep it under pretty good control. Improvement starts with identification! But, seriously, I was too lazy to shower but I was ok with putting on makeup to hide that.

So, this is the picture I took. I find not looking at the camera makes your mysterious. And, you know, looking like you shower also makes you. .mm. . .well, you should shower. A couple things I know about my self and I work with include - well, I have slight Bell's Palsy so I have to think when I smile that I am properly engaging all the muscles I have. In this way, I use a sideways smile as my "normal" smile.

Also, because I am lazy, I have no idea what that thing in front of me is - probably my hand - but imperfections are sexy and give this more of a "voyeuristic" look. It gives this picture the look as if someone caught me.



As far as composition, I keep some extra space to the one side of me. Because in proper photo composition, like the "Rule of Thirds" the best! I took a class on this in college. I failed the class, I think. I'm not, you know, a photographer. 

Anyhow, as any teenager knows, using filters that come with any smartphone these days makes for a mysterious picture.  decided to go with a “vintage” filter to add warmth and some over-saturation of color. All in all, I don't look that bad for someone who doesn't shower, has facial deformities but can slather on some makeup and follow some rules of compilation and can use a filter.


Another More-Mysterious Photos
What? Crop out your face in a headshot? Sure. It’s more mysterious. It’s a fact, the less you show, the most mysterious you are. This works in most areas of life. Not all. Be careful with that. 

Here, I get a nice contrast with my black and green straps and my red lip really pops. But, still seems a little creepy. I can fix this!

I, again, used the "vintage" filter for the warmth. It also adds some depth to my collarbone because bones showing are mysterious. It sounds like an oxymoron but it is not. The more innards you see, the better! That’s artistic. The background, however, is not.


I cropped the hell of the picture. Why? Well, the background wasn't really working for me. No one wants to see a blanket, window and a/c unit. This way, the background is less which makes the itty part of my face MORE. 

Speaking of more, I pumped up the highlights and brightness and cut off more of my body. Not having the straps makes this more mysterious! Am I naked? Who knows. 

Maybe I’m a naked, hot lady with big, hot, red lips naked. . .somewhere. Pouting. 

Smiles aren't mysterious. 


So, if you want to make yourself mysterious in pictures, this is a pretty good way to go it. Key points:
  • Keep the light where you want things highlighted.
  • Spruce up the best features with paint (makeup).
  • Crop the hell out of stuff to make people invent their own reality about you.
  • Add warmth.
  • Don't make eye contact. 
  • Use poplar phone filters to make people think you are artistic. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment