Jun 24, 2016

Things I Eat: Vegan Donut Holes

Sometimes, I just want a donut. I just can't have them. Until Emily von Euw  came along with This Rawsome Vegan LIfe

And now, I have donut holes in my life. You can go to Em's site and check out her wonderful pictures and all that of her Raw Vegan Donut Holes

What You Need
2 cup rolled oats
2 cups cashews (1 cup impatiently soaked for 3 hours)
2 cups pitted Medjool dates
1/2 cup oat flour
5 drops Liquid Stevia Vanilla Crème
Salt. . .whatever.

Glaze:
4 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons maple syrup

3 drops Liquid Stevia Vanilla Crème
1 teaspoon salt

What You Do
Put everything but the glaze into a food processor or blender - I have a Cuisinart type one. I don't know what size or style. It's big. I put everything in there, hit "on" and moved about my business. It does a real good job if you are patient.

Once the stuff looks like dough - you take it out and roll it into balls. Smaller is better, I think. Not too small. Just normal small. They are dense so less is more here. You can't eat too many of these, let me tell you that!

In a small saucepan, I put in half the coconut oil and maple syrup and just heated it so the oil melted. It takes about 5 seconds. I added in the salt to the first batch. Then I rolled the balls around in there and popped them into the fridge to let the coconut oil set. After a couple commericals on TV, I did another 2 tablespoons of everything plus the Stevia, and rolled the balls again. I guess you can do this a couple times. . .I did it twice.

Then I ate! They are really good! More dense than "real" donut holes, but very sweet and cakey. I liked them, the hubs like them and some people at worked like them.


What does the fox say?

Yum, hum!





post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment