Jun 17, 2016

Things I Eat: Steak Spirals

Steak. Flank steak. Maybe like. . .$5 for some cheap meat.

Time to turn it into something delicious.

What You Need

  • Flank steak: You can get one large piece or anything that is broad.
  • Basil: I used one package
  • Sun-dried tomatoes: I used on package.
  • Bacon (I used uncured applewood smoked bacon): I used two strips

You will also need butcher's twine. Or. . .kitchen twine. Whatever.

What You Do
Assemble your stuff! I totally over-bought. I only needed one package of the steak (the other was actually too narrow to use for this) and I only used one package of sun-dried tomatoes and one pack of basil.


Then get our your steak and divide your sun-dried tomatoes between them. Or. .all over it. I had these four strips of steak.


Then add your basil. I cut them into sloppy ribbons. You can use a whole leaf.


BACON! - I had thick cut bacon, I used two strips. I cut each strip in half.


Let's get all tied up. . .


I thought it would do a really bad job with it. I did a pretty good job. I rolled them up pretty well and tied each roll in two places to keep 'em pretty secure. I ate anything that fell out.


I gently seared the meat. The steak was very thin, so. . .didn't take long.


Then I popped them in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Again, if your meat is thicker, it might take longer. I also made fries. And asparagus.


Let's see how I did. I cut off the string and slices this stuff with a very, very sharp knife. Because most of my knives actually are dull - FANTASTIC!


I ate two, the hubs ate two - it was delcious!


This was actually a really cheap and quick meal with a nice flavor mix and presentation.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment