Jun 6, 2016

Find Cheaper Shampoo

If you don’t know, I happen to love Pureology so hard. So hard. I have been using the Purify Shampoo and Precious Oils conditioner for almost two years. Ever since my hair-stylist told me to give it a try before my wedding so my hair would look good. I had a lot of hair. .I also didn’t rinse it well so there was a lot of junk in there and in my shampoo.



But, Pureology is expensive. I found even buying in bulk was (while more convenient) not cheaper.

eucalyptus mintWith much panic and maybe some tears, I started to research another, cheaper shampoo. And decided on OGX (I think you call it Organix, IDK) because people claimed it was a dub for Pureology. I had given the EverPure line from L'Oreala shot but I didn’t like the smell. And I don’t think it was great for my hair.

The major problem with finding something for my hair type. Most women seem to be into moisturizing. I wanted cleaning and then moisturizing.

argan oil of moroccoI settled on the Eucalyptus Mint shampoo because it. . .I don't know. .at some point through my tears of mistrust and hate in Wegmans it seemed cleanings. I hate mint. I don't know what happened. I panicked. The Internet only told me that moisturizing stuff matched Purelology and I don't use that. Just. . .it happened.

For conditioner - 'cause girlfriend needs a two-step process 100% of the time - I got the highly regarded Argan Oil of Morocco. I figured it was that on the coconut oil stuff. I have heard a lot of stuff about the Argan oil thing and how most of it that you buy is fake. In the dark depression of using the last of my Purelology - I was ok with that.

The First Day
Wash 1 - 'cause I wash my hair everyday. I know there's all this talk about how you should wash your hair once a year or once a week or something, I do NOT get that. I guess people use dry shampoo a lot? We all know when you don't wash your hair, people. We all know.

Anyhow, first two washes were ok. Then I had a breakdown because my hair was DISGUSTING. It was frizzy, tangled and horrible. I got the oil cap on the top of my head and the end of my hair looked super dry.

I'm really unhappy

It smelled good, great.

Then I changed my conditioning technique. My shampoo game was strong

I adjusted what I was doing - I used MORE conditioner. It says to use a lot and leave it on for 3-5 minutes. Like I have that type of time in the shower. That led to it being an oily, matted mess.



Then I used less conditioner. That led to a hair wasteland.

Straw. . .actually

*cry*

I was stuck with my choice - and a week into it I gave up on ever having nice hair again.

I found the best way to use the condition was to get a little more than I nromally use on my hand, wipe it in the middle/bottom of my hair and then use the exess on the top of my head then run my fingers down my hair like crazy. I do not wait 3-5 minutes. I do rinse SUPER well.

I'm over a week into using this stuff and. . .right now. Ok, it's not that bad. My hair is soft and smells good. It is NOT as tanglely as it was when I first used it.

I take awful pictures
We'll see how it goes. I'll report back when I am done with the bottles.




post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment