Jun 3, 2016

Things I Eat: Gourmet Sweet Potato Burger

I don't eat ALL the things on this. I eat most of the things on this.

I'll give you some options. You might have seem this one before - it is the Sweet Potato Burger of the past. This time I. . .made it into sliders and without the bread which had yeast in it.

It's still pretty vegan and now with MORE slaw!

What You Need
  • Red cabbage
  • Kale
  • Spinage
  • A large, FAT sweet potato
  • Olive oil (you could use a flavored type if you wanted)
  • Lemon juice
  • Pretzel bun
  • Tomato
  • Paprika
  • Onion powder
  • Salt

Optional
Tortillas, any bread or even romaine lettuce.

What You Do
First, chop up some of that hearty red cabbage for some slaw! Laugh as you clean the knife from the ruins of nature's purple step-child.


Then take out your mild aggression on some baby kale because. . you got this knife and you got aggression.


Slice that spinach to size.You could tell everyone the it has been chiffonaded if you wanted to sound really specific, French and cool.


Then put it all together into a bowl and lube it up with some olive oil. Lube. It makes things work.



Can't have yeast and thusly can't have vinegar? No worries - a shot of this super-quality* lemon juice will give it a kick. (*I don't know how long this has been in my fridge).


Toss in some salt because. . .salt!


And I did some onion powder because I like onion. Maybe you add garlic? Or something else. IDK.


And I'm Hungarian so I totally sassed it up with some sweet paprika for extra I'm Hungarian. Sweet paprika is pretty much in everything I make.



Get yourself a plate that will cover the bowl you are using and do a shake-shake-shake so it's all in there and sharing. I was listening to Homeland by Nitin Sawheny so I got a good shake going on.


Then back to the chopping block! Let's make the. . mm. . .burger. Potger? Tatger? Cut the sweet tater into slices. The thinner they are, the quicker they will cook. The thicker, the more. . .like. .crunchy it will be. And YES, you can eat this stuff raw.


Then slice it into chunks of this size. I guess. .that's what? I couple feet? I guess it's more important to be consistent than. . .have any understanding of measurement.


Lube with some olive oil!



Paprika it up.


Put it in the oven - or toaster oven - for like 350 degrees. IDK what I'm doing. . .(honestly - fail with me). . .


. . and forget about it until you smell burning - maybe about 10-15 minutes. Then run into the kitchen like the drunkin' vegan you are (today)! Find only one side is sort of burned. I mean. .chard to perfection.


Find some pretzel rolls - these are Pretzilla Mini Buns which are vegan. They are from Whole Foods. I can't eat them. Toast them for your partner who can eat anything.


Remember you have tomatoes - chop!


Assemble! Put the slaw on the toasted pretzel bun. .somehow. . .


Put the tomato on after. Then the sweet potato. Do it twice!


Feed it to your lover. He will be happy!


Maybe you have some corn tortillas? Cut one in half!


To lazy to do anything else with it? Cool! Stack it!



Enjoy!


Out of tortillas? Use the tomato! Make the top one look like the edge of a too-large sombrero


BOOM! Dinner. Snack. Lunch. Delicious. Vegan. Mostly raw. Recognize.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment