Aug 23, 2014

Things I Eat: Sweet Freedom Bakery

This is a special edition of Things I Eat!

I have a lot of issues with food. It's not the foods fault - it's totally mine. It can be hard to find places I can eat without fear or taking a risk which normally ends badly. But, girl's gotta eat! And I'm not the only one out there.

So. . .I went to Sweet Freedom Bakery (granted, a couple weeks ago) which is a:

  • Corn free
  • Dairy free
  • Egg free
  • Gluten free
  • Kosher
  • Peanut free
  • Refined sugar free
  • Soy free
  • Vegan
Bakery.

Oh, you think this sounds like eating cardboard? How can your life be full without dairy or soy? Feast your eye on these two Samoa cupcakes – which is a vanilla cupcake stuffed with chocolate ganache, slathered with vanilla frosting, stacked with toasted coconut flakes and drizzled with chocolate and caramel syrup.



Oh, you think I got two because my man-friend came along with me? No. He was back at home doing whatever he had to do – this was my time. I did think it was cute they gave me a fork. Like I was going to use a fork. . .hahah. . sure. . it helps me share. . .hahaha

While stuffing my face, I did manage to get this picture. . .amazing because I slammed these guys into my face. I think the delightful Jasmine (baker working there) asked if I wanted a glass of water and I responded as if I was doing something dirty by cuddling the cupcakes to me in the fetal position and snarling. She laughed. Nervously.


If you never had a delight like this in your life – I strongly suggest it. As someone who can’t eat most of the food God provided for us on this earth, this is a unique find and probably the reason I will get super fat in the next few months.

For you who CAN eat anything, this is a real wake-up call to your taste buds.

If you eat one of these suckers, you’ll immediately taste the difference in the jolt of sweetness that melts into a delightful base of pure vanilla (vanilla, not store bought crap-nilla) that then tangos with coconut before finishing with the Chippendale of chocolate telling you how attractive and smart you are – and then doing a little dance.

Locations are only in PA and NJ if you want to drop in one day:

Sweet Freedom Bakery
1424 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
(215) 545-1899

Sweet Freedom Bakery
577 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108
(856) 869-SFB2

Sweet Freedom Bakery
1039 W. Lancaster Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-SFB3

Don’t worry people who can't get to these locations easily, they deliver!


0 comments:

Post a Comment