Feb 20, 2013

Diet Challenges Again

Mission Level
Fail-ish

A while back, I stated I was going to try three separate diets to expand my horizons. I succeeded in being a vegan for 7 days - you can find that in my Vegan Challenge post.

Why Fail?
I originally wanted to try three types of diets. I really struggle figuring out the two others ones I stated I was going to do. If you remember, they were:
  • Vegan: No animal products or by-products allowed.
  • Locavore: Food only can come from the local area where you live.
  • Islamic: Diet derived from commandments found in the Qur'an, the Hadith and Sunnah.
Throwing in the Towel
I'm just giving up on this. It's lent and I guess I lost a lot of steam when I comes to doing these things. I haven't been eating as much as I have been (I actually lost about 5lbs) so trying to fit into one of these diets would actually be pretty easy. The vegan thing was the hardest.

Being Healthy
The original challenge was to "eat a normal, healthy diet." I did re-join with MyFitnessPal with a couple friends, so, I have been tracking my food and making some good choices.

A not good choice was eating an entire box of Caramel deLites aka Samoas. I call them Samoas which I believe is not considered offensive. I never mean to offend - I just always knew them as Samoas. Anyhow, I would like to say I won that battle but I did spend a little time in the bathroom that night. Yep. Awesome.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment