Jun 24, 2012

Manda's Century: Makin' and Breakin' Records

I rode the longest distance I ever have, to date. 50 miles. That's 50% to a century!

Some Photos
I thought it would be nice to take some pictures this time. It was such a pretty ride.

Man does not do well without nature
Lessons Learned
First, I was about 10 miles from the 50 mark when I had to stop to rest. I mean, I rested at 20 and had a gel shot, but, I do believe I need to eat more on the road. That means I got a value pack huge amount of KELLOGG'S Pop Tarts, Strawberry. I got more flavors, but, whatever.

I also ran out of water at 48 miles. So, I need to get a larger bladder for my pack. In looking at the Camelbak 100 oz Rim Runner Hydration Pack - Dark Navy/OrangeCamelbak 100 oz Rim Runner Hydration Pack - Dark Navy/Orange, I found for a couple bucks less, a 2 liter bladder that I could fit into my current pack as a back up. The guy at EMS kept telling me how I needed a cage on my bike for a water bottle. Store clerks are obsessed with bottles. Bottles everywhere. Behind your seat. On your frame. In your pockets.

Dude, I don't want a cage and I don't want to carry water bottles. Stop talking to me about it.

So, it comes down to food at water.

I also found my knees were hurting a bit. I ended up getting some joint supplements, just to see if it makes a difference.


Manda's Century
You can follow my biking adventures by checking out my Manda's Century Ride page. It lists (in convenient bullet form) the lessons I have learned and has links to each of my biking related posts.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment