Jun 10, 2012

Manda's Century: Farthest Distance

This week has been good! I also discovered a better way to post my biking results thanks the boyfriend, Green Eyes, who showed me how to do it on a Galaxy Nexus - you hold the power and volume down button at the same time. Brilliant!

Tuesday
I think the T/T/S schedule works the best for me.

I started strong at the beginning of the week with a good 10.73 mile ride. I was feeling a little scared with being tired.

Not to bad!
Thursday
Green Eyes came out with me on Thursday for ride. He took Jazzy. I pumped up the tires a bit and he kept up with me good. You have to always been gentle yet firm with guys who think they need to be better than a girl - especially when he is on a mountain bike and I am on a road bike. He did a great job and while it was a slower ride, we got a good 9 miles in.

A good time!
Saturday
I wanted to do about 30-35 on Saturday and ended up doing 40.2! That's the most I have ridden on a bike. .ever. It felt good. I was a little scared about my adrenals and then a little frustrated since my speedometer is set for the wrong tire size and is always reporting less miles than what I do. I figured by 35 miles, I was going to do 40. And I did. Booya! I might have cried a little. Just a little.

ROCK!
Thoughts
For my long ride, I did use my Clif Shot Turbo Double Esspresso Energy Gel With Caffeine and not the normal Clif Bar 432690 Shot MMM Chocolate Energy Gel - 24 Pack. I do realize I need to start eating better and more consistently to fuel my body more than just stop the hunger.

I think I need to start finding a good way to book up to 20 miles on my short ride.

I have a lot of thoughts. A lot.


Manda's Century
You can follow my biking adventures by checking out my Manda's Century Ride page. It lists (in convenient bullet form) the lessons I have learned and has links to each of my biking related posts.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment