Nov 13, 2015

Things I Eat: Cod Soup

Here fishy, fishy! So, this might not be the pretties thing I ever made, but, it was delicious.

I get these packs of frozen cod from Trader Joe’s. It’s a mild fish. Good in a pinch. I made some pasta with it before and it didn't seem like a lot. So, I thought maybe a soup. Since I was tied I. . .didn't do everything on the actual recipe I was going to follow.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups quinoa milk: Very earthy drink, wouldn’t put it on cereal but great for a savory boost!
  • 1 Onion: Chopped up like you like
  • 1 pack Brussel Sprouts: I didn't have potatoes
  • Minced garlic: I have this big jar of it. I added like two tablespoons
  • Tomato paste: I used like ¼ cup because I like it.
  • 1 bunch fresh thyme: I had this left over, so I added it with the spices
  • 1 can diced tomatoes: Chunky!
  • 1 bunch kale: YEEEEAH. ..kale. It cooks down a lot. I chopped it.
  • 1/2 pound (at least) cod: Cut it into chunks. 

Bring milk to a boil. I guess you could use normal milk. If you’re lame. Throw in your chopped onions and garlic and Brussels sprouts. Then put in your tomato paste, tomatoes, chopped kale and cod.

Simmer that until the cod is cooked. I used smaller pieces so this didn't take too long. Dump in any spices you like!


Normally people put in potatoes - I didn't 'cause I didn't have any. You can add those in and cook them in the milk and cook until they are tender. Then continue with everything else.



Fish cooks fast! So this is a quick meal. I was really happy with it. You could totally add other veggies like celery or carrot. If you can't do dairy, I really suggest using the quinoa milk for extra richness. Or a coconut milk.



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment